No announcement yet.

Who's next for Paul Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    Williams and them want 50/50 with Pavlik. I really don't like Pavlik but he's the one that puts people in their seat. Also Margarito ALREADY FOUGHT Williams once, so you can't call it a duck.

As for Forrest, who doesn't he duck??
    Wrong, the 50/50 offer was made now. But if you recall Williams/Pavlik was a done deal like a year ago until Arum and Pavlik pulled out for no reason. It was 65/35 in Pavlik's favour. They just said no to Williams when everyone agreed on the contract. Now Williams wants 50% cause he a P4P fighter and well known now. But I think it still should be 65/35 Pavlik's favour

Margarito ducked the rematch. He was offered 4 million plus 50% of revenue when Williams had WBO belt and ranked 2nd in WW rankings. Margarito also ducked the immediate rematch. Comments like " I will fight him again unless promoted by Arum or Pre-Cotto fight " I don't have any plans for Williams'

Comment

Not the nuthugging rock you're in.

People would fight him.....so this no one crap is just bull.
      Please give me some names of who would face him!! he deserves a chance at a big name after margarita and Wright!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Duckman View Post
        Wrong, the 50/50 offer was made now. But if you recall Williams/Pavlik was a done deal like a year ago until Arum and Pavlik pulled out for no reason. It was 65/35 in Pavlik's favour. They just said no to Williams when everyone agreed on the contract. Now Williams wants 50% cause he a P4P fighter and well known now. But I think it still should be 65/35 Pavlik's favour

Margarito ducked the rematch. He was offered 4 million plus 50% of revenue when Williams had WBO belt and ranked 2nd in WW rankings. Margarito also ducked the immediate rematch. Comments like " I will fight him again unless promoted by Arum or Pre-Cotto fight " I don't have any plans for Williams'
        I thought Williams asked for more $$$ when the first negotiation went thru??? And Arum wouldn't buy it that's why he said no.

I don't think he's a P4P fighter, besides the rankings right now are so full of **** its not something to be proud of either.

If Margarito ducked the 4 mil offer, then Floyd ducked the 8 mil. Personally I think both are stupid tactics from Promoters.

As for Cotto, I'm pretty sure he would fight Williams if Williams would of stayed at WW. Clottey seems to be calling him out and all you hear is crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Duckman View Post

I can't stand Arum he is such a b!tch!!! Pavlik does deserve the more money< im not quit sure why he wouldnt take the fight!?! Theres no one else better named then PW for him to fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by grgsbrwr View Post
            Please give me some names of who would face him!! he deserves a chance at a big name after margarita and Wright!!!
            Sergei, Clottey, Quintana for starters.

Personally I think he should just stick and dominate one division for now.......all that going up and down in weight is going to seriously catch up to him one day.

Comment

I thought Williams asked for more $$$ when the first negotiation went thru??? And Arum wouldn't buy it that's why he said no.

I don't think he's a P4P fighter, besides the rankings right now are so full of **** its not something to be proud of either.

If Margarito ducked the 4 mil offer, then Floyd ducked the 8 mil. Personally I think both are stupid tactics from Promoters.

As for Cotto, I'm pretty sure he would fight Williams if Williams would of stayed at WW. Clottey seems to be calling him out and all you hear is crickets.
              PW has said he will go back down to 147 to fight!!! He left because no big names would fight him.

PBF took 8+ mill and a belt to fight Baldomir so you tell me what makes better sense! Fight the #1 ranked WW or the #4WW at the time for the same money!!

PW is not ducking anyone! If Clottey is calling him out, i seriously doubt PW ducks him!

Comment

Personally I agree with offer being promotional tactics. After Mayweather said no to Tony he become most feared man in boxing. When Tony said no to Williams he become most feared man in boxing

Paul Williams shouldn't waste his time with Clottey. What is Clottey offering?? No title, no money and no respect. He loss to Margarito and Cotto, he is not an elite fighter more of a gatekeeper.

Williams should fight Mosley(Free)WBA Pavlik (Free) Ring title Sergeii Dzinziruk(Free) WBO title

All have titles and would be a better win than Clottey

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Did he "cherry pick" Margarito?
                  Oops!

Now he should STFU!

Comment

Originally posted by .::WaRCoTTo::. View Post
                    I say he should fight Clottey..Clottey's been answering his call for about a yr now!..and he still whines about how nobody wants to fight him!..
                    What does Clottey have to offer??

He just lost.

Everybody's on Clottey's dick all of a sudden...it's spooky.

Comment

..all that going up and down in weight is going to seriously catch up to him one day.
                      How does moving up and down in weight affect a fighter later on in life?

Comment

Working...
                      X