Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take a Lesson from the Greats: The Comeback of Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point i'd be Happy to see Hatton win a WBC or WBA title and retire after 2-3 more fights. I think he could do that but we will have to wait and see. Something needs to be announced soon though

Comment

Hang em up Ricky. Nothing else to prove.

Comment

Hatton is one of my favorite fighters, but he isnt the same fighter he once was. His flaws are more obvious in every fight, and although he talks a good game, I dont think his confidence has been with him the last couple years. I would rather he hang them up then stick around and lose to a nobody or get seriously hurt. Pac almost killed him.

Comment

i think it might have been too little, too late for ricky when it comes to fighting the elite in boxing...he has heart...he has class...he might have had a better chin...but his style is tailor made for disaster...his defense is so flawed...he's great for fighting guys who don't have the ring intelligence to see his faults early on...but when he came over here...he got exploited...and quickly...

one thing about floyd's ko against hatton...the **** was imminent from the sound of the first bell...floyd knew hatton's faults...i think he just did us a solid for letting it go for that long...i can tell he wanted to go 12 rounds with him...but all that pushing and shoving just made him want to end it the way he did...so he simply stood back...waited for hatton...and clocked his ass...

manny's ko was similar...but they had no intention for a show...it seemed like every man in each corner knew what was going to happen weeks in advance...that's why floyd sr stressed his distaste for hatton's style...it looks great...but it will put your ass out quick...even roger mayweather was laughing about it...but the second the bell rang...hatton went to that ol familiar place with irresponsible aggression and no head movement...freddie roach gave the ok to manny...and he dropped him like a ton of bricks...

i don't think he even has it in him to change...afterall...why would he...it's that style that made him exciting to watch and it's what manchester knows him for...it's a sad story really...but he did do what he set out to...make his people proud...i don't know an athlete out there with fans so dedicated...15,000-20,000 people got your back...win or lose...he's got a legacy of his own...

Comment

Think he needs to give it up. Not sure if this has already been posted but he is in hospital at the mo anyways

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8153572.stm

Comment

Originally posted by HattonFaithful View Post
              another thing...what is it that everyone HATES about hatton? like seriously i dont get it hes an AMAZING guy a GREAT fighter didnt dodge any fighters...whats there not to like about a fighter like that
              Its simple the haters hate because, 1 his skin colour and 2 hes a Brit.
              There isn't many other reasons tbh. He might not have the skill set of most boxers, but hes made the best with what hes got.

Comment

Nobody is hating on hatton he is juts not a great fighter.

A very accomplished one, and good thing for boxing, but he aint great.

Comment

Hatton is sooo damn overrated

Comment

hatton would not have beaten K T at a neutral ground

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      Nobody is hating on hatton he is juts not a great fighter.

A very accomplished one, and good thing for boxing, but he aint great.
                      for once i agree with you

Comment

Working...
                      X