Kevin Johnson vs. Odlanier Solis on Aug 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solis by decision/late stoppage imo.

Comment

What PPV is this supposed to be on the undercard for?

It's at the same venue as Donaire vs. Concepcion and Luevano vs. Concepcion (how the **** did two Concepcions make it onto the same card?).

I can't imagine either of those matches are HBO PPV main event worthy. Are they seriously just looking to get a main event to host for this site and date?

Anyway, Johnson takes this one... Solis is turning out to be a fairly terrible pro.

Comment

Good to see both step up!
        This is a 50 / 50 fight!
        If solis does weigh in the same pound like in his last fight i go with kevin johnson!

Comment

I'm happy to see the Kingpin finally has an opportunity like this, and I think he will win by wide decision or late KO/TKO on Aug 15.

Comment

How much is this PPV card? The put 3 pretty darn good fights and Peterson as the 4th matchup. I'm actually interested in this card.

Comment

Solis is just sloppy, Johnson looks more skilled of the two. Johnson wins by UD or KO, but none of them beat Chambers. =)

Comment

Johnson wins by KO in the later rounds. He has a little more power than his record indicates. He isn't a big puncher, but his record is mainly a symptom of how he used to be safety first exclusively. After the Smith fight on ESPN in which he took some flak for he said he'd step it up and be more aggressive. He was 19-0 with 6 stoppages then and he has since won 3 straight by knockout against better competition than he was coasting against. He isn't a one punch guy and he won't stop most guys with big chins, but that left hook is legit and as long as he keeps his punch count up as he has recently then he'll continue to get KOs. He really doesn't have much in his right though and eventually that will be his downfall.

Still, Solis is going to be hit with that left a ton until he finally falls around round 8. Unless he suddenly shows up at 235, Solis isn't ready for this.

Comment

great fight! I'm waiting for 5 fights of each guy on order(that's all I could find).only seen each guy fight once so I'm not sure.I believe solis has more talent but I think he eats at the same Buffett as toney.toney can fight with a bucket of chicken in hand,can solis? He's fat!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    great fight! I'm waiting for 5 fights of each guy on order(that's all I could find).only seen each guy fight once so I'm not sure.I believe solis has more talent but I think he eats at the same Buffett as toney.toney can fight with a bucket of chicken in hand,can solis? He's fat!
                    I've seen about six or seven of his fights. Johnson has a great jab, good speed, excellent lateral movement, and good reflexes.

By the way Joe Strong, I've just posted Denis Boytsov's first 20 fights in our video's section if you want to download them evaluate an up-and-coming heavyweight.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-07-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I got to see Kevin Johnson about 2 years ago in Connecticut on the undercard of the Tarver v. Muriqi card. I immediately posted on boxingscene.com about how he was the best American Heavyweight prospect I had seen. I was mocked, ridiculed, made fun of, etc.. If he wins then I will have been correct (for once in my sad life, lol)

Comment

Working...
                      X