Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana Upsets Victor Ortiz in a Six Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men I had big hopes on ortiz, he was clearly the better boxer, but he fought stupid as hell

Still cant believe he quitted, he wasnt that badly hurt!!!!!!!

Comment

• LOLZ! I was not wronged..

I been a believer that Ortiz is juz another Bojado..
      Last edited by Katz; 06-28-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• good fight! Ortiz got rocked with that big right at the end of the 5th & he never recovered.he couldn't answer his corner & they almost stopped it then.he looks rough,a cut on right eye,his left eye was swollen shut.he was done after 5.it was all academic after that...in the interview he sounded like he was considering retiring.he said I don't deserve to be beat up like that.maidana is a warrior but ortiz? I'm not going to hack on him because look at where he came from.tragic storey & never quit in life.he was beat as a kid & he sounded almost like a guy reliving those horrors.I actually think when he never answered his trainer after the 5th he wasn't contemplating quitting the fight,he was considering quitting boxing for good.anyone else get the feeling we have seen the last of victor ortiz the boxer? I hope not because he's an exciting boxer but if your hearts not in it victor don't continue because you may get hurt.you play baseball,hockey,football but you don't play boxing.

Comment

• he was hurt badly by that right at the end of the 5th & never recovered.I don't know some posters are talking about saying he wasn't that hurt.his corner asked him 3 times if he was alright & he had that deer in the headlghts,my life is flashing before my eyes look in his face.he never answered his trainer.they almost stopped it then.I'm not certain he was recovered from that big right.the interview was not surprising to me because I saw a beaten man after that big right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datu Puti View Post
            Your ignorant and stupid. Can't even spell correctly for crying out loud. Wasn't Jorge Solis 100% mexican, well i got the fight between him and PACQUIAO. Jorge Solis was grazed by PACQUIAO's punch and he laid down like a *****. Second of all, the filipino that Arce beat is not even well known plus he has no punching power. I guarantee if Arce faces one of the elite filipino boxers, he will lose. Arce is finish and wash up, he will get KO by someone like Donaire.
            looks like a offended some bumb ass pilipino. Better call the grammar police, estupid!

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              i knew he would win easily,i mean lontchi's name said mismatch all over it...i wonder if he said who's next for him because i didn't see the fight,wasn't going to pay 40 bucks for this match
              wrong thread foo

Comment

• was this fight really an upset? Did anyone else watch maidana/kotelnik? I watched it & it was close but I thought maidana won.this maidana is a warrior & really made me want to watch him again.I'm interested to see if my hunch is right & ortiz quits boxing...if he does he will no doubt be successful at whatever he does.he is such a intelligent,well spoken young man who overcame tragic circumstances & I can't help but support him.maybe it took that big right at the end of round five for him to realize he doesn't want to box anymore.I've never seen such complete honesty out of a fighter after a tough loss.he never denied anything.I've never liked guys who quit but I'm giving him a mulligan.I really believe he is going to retire.it's weird to say that because I think he is only 22.

Comment

• All that hyping by Golden Boy must have gotten into Ortiz's head, eventually making Ortiz unfocused in this fight!

Comment

• I haven't read anything anyone has said yet, but I just watched Ortiz-Maidana... Damn it was entertaining! Never in a million was I thinking this fight would be this great. Victor Ortiz was right on the cusp of cracking my top 10, but Maidana won me over by the end of the fight. It's tough to say, but right now I'm leaning towards this being my fight of the year over JMM-Diaz. Maidana was looking overmatched in size (Ortiz was huge in comparison), speed, skill, and even power, but what does he do? Go out and prove he has tons more heart.

Victor Ortiz fought a great fight, but if one thing was clearer than it has ever been, the guy is no superstar. In reality, he's just a tough night for anybody, who will be in a coin toss fight with just about any elite fighter. But still, the guy quit. He even acknowledged he quit. Hell, from the post fight interview he sounded like a quitter, and hinted that he might be thinking about hanging the gloves up. His point that he's young, doesn't deserve to "be beaten up like this", and his desire to retain his faculties is very smart. But to admit that in the world of boxing is very stupid. Robert Guerrero is somewhere laughing. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      Men I had big hopes on ortiz, he was clearly the better boxer, but he fought stupid as hell

Still cant believe he quitted, he wasnt that badly hurt!!!!!!!
                      You're crazy

Ortiz was well on his way to getting KTFO.

You can't miss the mofo.

Comment

Working...
                      X