Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't It About Time The Ring Included Wladimir In Their P4P Top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4P asks if everyone was the same size retaining relative advantages and disadvantages...if that were the case, Wlad and most of the rest of his class would not be top in most other classes so, no, he does not belong in any P4P list.

Comment

Most definitely, he should be ahead of Caballero.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        P4P asks if everyone was the same size retaining relative advantages and disadvantages...if that were the case, Wlad and most of the rest of his class would not be top in most other classes so, no, he does not belong in any P4P list.
        But Lewis, Tyson, Bowe and Holyfield were in the Ring top ten p4p at some point in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          To me there really isn't any question about this. He is undoubtedly one of the best 10 boxers in the world and has been dominant over 2 fellow belt holders and a top contender within the past 18 months.

I've seen it argued that Wlad shouldn't be on it because he's a heavyweight, or because of the size advantage he has over his opponents. This is inconsistent with the fact that Lennox was included on the list in the past.

Wlad has the best jab in boxing, his technical skills are clear for all to see and in recent years his opposition has been better than that of Cabellero, Calderon and perhaps one or two others on the list.

Is it not time that his abilities and accomplishments were given more credit?

i made one thread one day about the requirements for the p4p list....

in the begginin i was thinking that to be in the p4p list you will have to be at least a 2 div champ... in order to belong to that list.. but that very same day i learn a LOT ABOUT what it should be taking in consideration when talking about p4p qualities in a boxer.. and being a 2 div champ will help you to sell ur case.. but it is not a MINIMUM requirement as I though it was

it was a pretty good thread... that change my whole view of what does the p4p means....

there was a guy how gave me some solid post about this.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=270238

i learn a lot in this thread... just in case anyone wants to see it.

im with you clegg the guy deserves to be in the p4p list
          Last edited by mellow_mood; 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
            But Lewis, Tyson, Bowe and Holyfield were in the Ring top ten p4p at some point in their careers.
            they also fought in lower weight class below heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
              That was dumb. Heavies shouldn't be on the P4P list. It is a reaction to Heavyweight.

And whoever said Lewis and Bowe fought below Heavy is fired.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                they also fought in lower weight class below heavyweight.
                No, my friend, Lewis, Bowe and Tyson always fought at heavyweight.

Lewis was about the same size as Wlad with a longer reach, 84" to Wlad's 81".

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  That was dumb. Heavies shouldn't be on the P4P list. It is a reaction to Heavyweight.

And whoever said Lewis and Bowe fought below Heavy is fired.

i was thinking the same about the HW not being in the p4p...

but check this thread

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=270238

maybe u will change your mind..
                  I did.

Comment

king of the clowns. the best hvwt at this time.
                    but the division....... come on.

Comment

I have never counted heavies P4P and never will but that has nothing to do with Wlad. I have no real issue with someone putting him in the 10 best P4P (as it is a personal opinion) but I will never include any heavy in my P4P list.

Heavyweights are the baddest men in the sport as it is, P4P is for everyone else to fight over.

Comment

Working...
                      X