Beltran Impressive In Tireless Effort Over Meza-Clay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beltran Impressive In Tireless Effort Over Meza-Clay

By Jake Donovan -
    When featherweight contender Fernando Beltran Jr. appeared at the Laredo (TX) Entertainment Center three months ago, his night ended with a chorus of boos following a controversial split decision win over Miguel “Mickey” Roman.

It was a much sweeter tune in the very same arena this time around, receiving a standing ovation during and after his spirited 12-round unanimous decision over Monte Meza-Clay in the main event of ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights telecast.

Beltran established his dominance early on, making the most of his considerable height and reach advantages in shooting the jab from the outside. Action was halted just 91 seconds into the fight when an errant Beltran left hook strayed well below the border, forcing Meza-Clay to wince in pain as he drifted to a neutral corner.

The break did little to upset the blistering pace. Beltran threw 72 punches before time was called, remaining nearly as busy over the back 90 seconds as he was credited with 133 punches in total for the opening round, compared to Meza-Clay’s 88 thrown, an amazing total in any other fight. [details]

I hate to be a fanboy. but this is credit to how good Molitor truly is. Beltran is a full size featherweight and mMolitor handily pitched a shutout against beltran.

Comment

That fight was boring as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
        I hate to be a fanboy. but this is credit to how good Molitor truly is. Beltran is a full size featherweight and mMolitor handily pitched a shutout against beltran.
        I agree with you.I can't believe how many people crapped on molitor for his loss.that caballero guy is like 6'1 122pounds that's totally insane dimensions.at 122 pounds there are guys fighting at 5'2.molitor is a solid boxer but too bad he has no power that is his only flaw.beltran is an excellent boxer.molitors win over beltran was a good one.I've seen beltran last 4 fights.I like watching him.1300 punches thrown

Comment

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
          so cause beltran beat meza clay he was a credible win for molitor who got his ass beat every single round against caballero? gtfo

both beltran and meza clay suck, stfu both of you

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            That fight was boring as hell.
            there was almost 2500 punches thrown last night in the beltran/cley fight.you call that boring? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
              so cause beltran beat meza clay he was a credible win for molitor who got his ass beat every single round against caballero? gtfo

both beltran and meza clay suck, stfu both of you
              beltran is actually pretty good & has been fighting good opposition the last 5 fights.he's good enough to get several televised fights the last couple of years.molitor is a excellent boxer but caballero is a freak of nature for that weight class & is at another level than molitor & beltran.I wouldn't say these guys suck.just my opinion.

Comment

I enjoyed last nights card.that raines guy sure could take a punch & the 2500 punched thrown in the main event was great to watch.I got to admit I've always being irritated by teddy atlas but the last 4 or 5 fnf I've enjoyed his commentary.he's hard to please(much like when he was training guys).I really like is scoring meter & wish he'd use it on every fight.he's actually very insightful in his explanations of what he is seeing.I liked his explanation of the even round he scored.he also came right out last night & said what he feels about guys fighting through injuries.that's why so many klit fans hate him because he was always hard on guys who quit cause of injury.he doesn't like quitters & explained why.get through the fight like a warrior & fix your wounds after.I agree with him 100%.they are in the hurt buisness & champions fight through pain & don't quit.teddy has been on the ball lately except I'm not sure about his chagaev upset prediction.he has called a few upsets lately thou & his reasoning for the upset prediction have been right on the $$$.

Comment

Working...
                X