No announcement yet.

Pac AND May BOTH stop Cotto....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac AND May BOTH stop Cotto....

....that is how I see it and I'm sticking to it. I like Miguel I really do. But the guy is SOOO easy to hit. I just hope that he doesn't really get hurt because he has taken a lot of punishment in 2 of his last 3 fights. I really think that Manny will cause problems for him (though that fight is irrelevant to ME right now) with his workrate and his power and the fact that he is a southpaw. Mayweather stops Cotto late. Mayweather is too accurate and his precision punches will take a toll on Miguel as he just can't block or move his head from straight right hands and left hooks. If what I just said doesn't happen, then I WILL NOT RECANT MY STATEMENTS, I AM A MAN OF MY WORD.

However, Unless Miguel TIGHTENS of his defense, he will get hurt and he may even be punchdrunk when he is finished. I pray to God that that DOES NOT HAPPEN, real talk. But Miguel, you need to work on your defense if you want to beat better guys out there. Big Ups to Clottey, you WON that fight. It sucks and for stuff like that is why i HATE boxing.

real talk. co sign homie

Comment

You make a solid point. Cotto's guard is tight for the first few rounds. However, after his opponent adjusts he gets hit with a lot of clean blows.

I'm not a fan of him. But I do respect him though and he is a good guy. So I'm with you in saying that I don't want to see him get hurt like that. It's just not a good sight to see.

Comment

I can see Pac probably stopping Cotto but i'm not to sure about Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
          I can see Pac probably stopping Cotto but i'm not to sure about Floyd.
          Floyd is TOO accurate and Cotto has been a EASY target. Give May 8-10 rounds of crisp precision punches with Cotto that WIDE open, then he is getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
            ....that is how I see it and I'm sticking to it. I like Miguel I really do. But the guy is SOOO easy to hit. I just hope that he doesn't really get hurt because he has taken a lot of punishment in 2 of his last 3 fights. I really think that Manny will cause problems for him (though that fight is irrelevant to ME right now) with his workrate and his power and the fact that he is a southpaw. Mayweather stops Cotto late. Mayweather is too accurate and his precision punches will take a toll on Miguel as he just can't block or move his head from straight right hands and left hooks. If what I just said doesn't happen, then I WILL NOT RECANT MY STATEMENTS, I AM A MAN OF MY WORD.

However, Unless Miguel TIGHTENS of his defense, he will get hurt and he may even be punchdrunk when he is finished. I pray to God that that DOES NOT HAPPEN, real talk. But Miguel, you need to work on your defense if you want to beat better guys out there. Big Ups to Clottey, you WON that fight. It sucks and for stuff like that is why i HATE boxing.
            I think Cotto's peaked as a fighter, coming from a Cotto fan.

Comment

Wonder what pac thought last night and if he likes his chances even more now..

Did anyone see little man ringside in the hat with his wifey?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                WOW..thanks for your honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
                  WOW..thanks for your honesty.
                  You also have to take into account that his eye was busted for the entire fight, so I give him credit for hanging in there an continuing to fight.

I was impressed with his heart, but to me he didnt look like the same Miguel Cotto who was at the top last year and I don't know if he'll ever get there again. Sounds like Im trashing him, but its little subtle things that you see that tell you whats ahead of him.

Props to Clottey for a great performance. To his dismay, being more active would've won him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    I think that plaster from Margarito damaged him.
                    Before I would say he would be a tough fight for Mayweather but now I don't think so no more.. If he wasn't damaged I would still say he beats him.
                    Mayweather was wise to run from Cotto the way he did, now if he fights him he will fight a shell of the man.

Comment

Working...
                    X