Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Bloody and Bruised, Overcomes Clottey in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good close fight, I think the cut on Cottos eye affected him alot from the head-butt Clottey gave him. I think Cotto retaliated with a body slam because of that nasty cut.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
      Good close fight, I think the cut on Cottos eye affected him alot from the head-butt Clottey gave him. I think Cotto retaliated with a body slam because of that nasty cut.
      Cotto is not impressive!!! he barely won the fight, he ws badly hurt many times! he do a mayweather style in the end to survive and win a close decision! have a cotto-mosley rematch and cotto will get KOd 4 d second time!

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
        It was close because Clottey made it close. He could have won going away if he would have just let his hands go. Instead he just followed Cotto around the ring blocking most of his shots. You can't win in a fighters home town fighting like that. I think Clottey wins if there is ever a rematch. Cotto is overrated and would have problems with both Pacman and Mayweather.....I really don't see him beating Mosley again. Cotto is a shot fighter. The Margarito fight did him in. He might beat Berto.

Comment

UNDERSTAND that it doesn't matter too much what compubox says.Clotty could of landed 20 more soft punches in Round 12.But cotto could of landed 10 big bombs to seal the deal.You have to impress the JUDGES.The +1 extra in round 1 was a key as well as many as you are forgetting.And p p please lets not be bitches,I was there live and saw the "slam" as many of you pethetic excusers would say.Clotty was a good drama queen tonight and was cut short in his acts.Not to mention the late 10sec delay REACTION when he got "touched" behind the head.Worse acter then judah.Cotto climbed the hill to adversity tonight.And overcame it.

HUGE props to clotty though,he can resist.With cotto,many can say he wasn't impressive tonight,many can say he's getting wear and tear,but many don't understanding that clotty is not your AVERAGE welterweight!!! Give cotto the damn props he deserves to even take this fight!!!

Cotto was def bothered by the eye cut.I think the margin wouldn't be as close if it wasnt for that.A win is a win regardless.In boxing you only get these one lifetime shot opportunities.Haters swallow the show,cotto has once again prevailed with heart and the decision has been made.Cotto via split dec 12 round.

Comment

a win is a win, no matter what.
            immediate rematch is not forthcoming.
            arum is now working for manny-miguel fyt.
            i think manny at ringside likes what he saw and will challenge cotto for the ww belt.

Comment

i will half to agree. Cotto was a one eyed fighter in reverse from round 4 on and he kept his ground. i have to respect him for that.

i wasnt on the same page as most were in MSG but i let some time go by and i will re-watch the fight tomorrow and i think i might have a different opinion.

i had Clottey up by a point. 114-113. he had more pop in his shots. the uppercut was working well too. Cotto on the other hand exposed a flaw in Clottey's defense with his left hook. i only wish he threw it more often because it was on the money. a shame about the headbutt, but atleast the fight wasnt stopped. Clottey was strange by allowing Cotto to corner him. actually Clottey had spurts of offense that were great, but im guessing Cotto had enough power to make him cautious. so cautious that even a one-eyed bloody Cotto held him back from letting loose.

did i say too little too late?

i was wrong. then again i wasn't that off either.

Comment

some of u mayweather mafia members are a joke..if floyd got headbutted like that he woulda quit right there...stop hating on a guy that actually challenges ppl in his own weight class...!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                  This could have gone either way but I had it
                  Round 1 9-9
                  Round 2 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 3 9-10 Cotto
                  Round 4 9-10 Cotto
                  Round 5 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 6 9-10 Cotto
                  Round 7 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 8 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 9 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 10 10-9 Clottey
                  Round 11 9-10 Cotto
                  Round 12 9-10 Cotto
                  114-113 Clottey
                  Cotto showed incredible Heart, He is definitely a warrior. He also showed good footwork in the later rounds. Clottey should have turned it up a notch in rds 11 and 12. But there was no way Clottey was going to win a close decision in MSG. All in all a GREAT fight tho!
                  how could u have the first round 9-9 it could only be that way if clottey dominated the round..clottey was knocked down so it has to be a 10-8 round buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tunayflip View Post
                    that fight was bull****

176 to 222 in punches landed and clottey had a higher punch percentage

last i checked thats how you win a boxing match

also you couldn't bodyslam or rabbit punch ur opponent then low blow him

i could see if maybe the fight was closer but 117-111 and 112-116 that fight was bull****
                    landed punches is irrelevant..a fighter could land 100 punches in one round but lose every other round!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                      you have to remember the fight is score round by round clottey could of landed 100 punches in one round and landed 10 on the other 11 rounds and cotto could of landed 15 every round. clottey would have 200 punches at the end of the fight and cotto 180
                      haha i posted almost the same response..u kno what ur talkin about..punches landed it pretty much irrelevant..but casual fans get stuck on that stat..!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X