No announcement yet.

Measured Against All Time: Dariusz Michalczewski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    no he didn't. why don't you go look it up. he only fought like 5 guys ranked in the top 10. roy fought much more. ring is biased though right euro-boy. the ring doesn't understand how good guys like Ka-Dy King, Nestor Hipolito Giovannini and Everardo Armenta Jr really are.
    Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    Common opponents:

Virgil Hill
    Michalczewski UD 12
    Jones KO 4

Notes: Hill was the unified WBA & IBF champion and the number 1 light heavyweight at the time he fought Michalczewski. He had not fought for a year and was coming off a loss to Michalczewski when he fought Roy Jones who KO'd him with a bodyshot.

Montell Griffin
    Michalczewski TKO 4
    Jones loss by DQ 9, win by KO1

Notes: Griffin was undefeated at the time he fought Jones and coming off two (controversial) wins over James Toney. Griffin was a top contender when he fought Michalzewski but he had recently lost a split decision to Eric Harding.

Richard Hall
    Jones TKO 11 (referee stoppage)
    Michalczewski TKO 11 (stopped due to swelling), TKO 10 (referee stoppage)

Notes: Jones dominated the interim WBA LHW champion Richard Hall from start to finish. Hall was coming off a loss to Jones when he fought Michalczewski but he put up a good effort and lost somewhat controversially two times.

Derrick Harmon
    Roy Jones TKO 11 (corner stoppage)
    Dariusz Michalczewski KO 9

Notes: Harmon had recently lost a split decision when he fought Roy Jones, nevertheless he had piled up a good record. After losing to Jones he went onto beat Glen Johnson and Tim Littles and lose a decision to Montell Griffin, then fought Michalczewski and was KO'd in the 9th round.

JC Gonzales
    Roy Jones UD 12
    Darius Michalczewski loss by SD

Notes: Gonzales was undefeated including a win over an undefeated Julian Letterlough when he fought Jones. Jones dominated him for 12 rounds but failed to finish him. Years later, coming off a majority decision win over Glen Johnson, he beat 48-0 Michalczewski by a split decision.
    Check this thread Daggum. You might learn a thing or two:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247983

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      I like how Michalczewski is underated by this article.
      Jones avieved more at 175???Ask yourself the question...

Yeah,Jones fought Tarver 3 times,get a gift and lost two times.

Both has beaten the same guys at 175(Hall,Hill,Griffin).
      It remains to be seen that Michalczewski isn't an all time great and that Jones woulda beat him even if Roy knocked out these dudes quickly.Dariuz was a smart fighter.

Of course I'm european,SO I'm not an ignorant of Michalczewski's career,some dudes'll judge him out there but never watched his fights.
      In Europe,we see US events and european events,we can judge it fair.

Michalczewski is def an all time great in europe,maybe not in USA,it's all about hype as usual.
      I don't care if he didn't fought Tarver,Nunn or Toney.TARVER IS A FRAUD,and Dariuz has beaten underhyped dudes,including one who taunted Toney by the way,an other who trashed Nunn.
      why is tarver a fraud? cause hes boring and looks like a milk dud? everyone loves milk duds.

Comment

why is tarver a fraud? cause hes boring and looks like a milk dud? everyone loves milk duds.
        Tarver wasn't really boring. He was in a lot of good fights. All the Jones bouts, BOTH Johnson fights, BOTH Harding fights, the second Dawson fight was good. He was boring when he dominated, or when he got dominated, but usually in good scraps when matched tough.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Check this thread Daggum. You might learn a thing or two:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247983
          counting the losses to calzaghe and the third tarver fight? i'm sure if darius continued fighting after he was shot he would have 20 losses by now. what matters is roy beat more highly ranked opponents. he also didn't have to cheat after he got ko'd and beg the ref for a dq win.

Comment

counting the losses to calzaghe and the third tarver fight? i'm sure if darius continued fighting after he was shot he would have 20 losses by now. what matters is roy beat more highly ranked opponents. he also didn't have to cheat after he got ko'd and beg the ref for a dq win.
            I counted everything. Also DM's losses to Tiozzo and Gonzales. And also Jones' mediocre defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I counted everything. Also DM's losses to Tiozzo and Gonzales. And also Jones' mediocre defenses.
              Even their losses were similar in many ways.

Comment

tiger boy was getting destroyed by griffin until his ref buddy gave him an early stoppage.
                Was gettin destroyed???I remember the fight was tough.But the only guy who was gettin destroyed in the ring that night was Monty in the 4th.
                It's why Cortez stopped the fight.

Comment

joppy is a bum now? you have revealed your ignorance. being wba champ for almost 7 years=bum ok. next time say hakkar it makes more sense.
                  I said Joppy,because,Joppy is after Johnson (and maybe this ****** of JD Jackson)the best TRUE middleweight that Bernie has beaten in 20 defenses,and not a bum,agreed,it was excessive,but a paper champ could be the real title.Dude has beaten nobody(in his prime).

I think the Dariuz's 175 campain is good as,or better than Bernie's 160 campain.

Hakkar,LOL,but also Wanderpool(koed by Lacy),all these matches and rematches with Antwun Echols,Mercado,Daniels and Robbie Allen are poor defenses(but a good job).

Dariuz had a great career,he just needed the icing and the cherry for the global ATG title.Coulda been Roy,Hopkins or Calslappy.
                  But these fights PRIME vs PRIME never happened... SAD

Even Roy and Bernard wasn't in their prime when they fought but green fighters.
                  160 to 175 was a duck fest.

Comment

Working...
                  X