Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Jr.'s excuse to not fight a legitimate WW "They don't sell".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
    Well, you gotta understand Arum did what any other scumbag promoter would've done, try to keep his two money cows alive. If anyone was to blame its Evangelista. My point is, Arum is with him since day 1, brought him up the best way.
    I think it was handled wrong, you can play both sides and still save face. The trainer had already admitted to wrongdoing, in that case all they had to do was separate themselves from the trainer and blame everything on him, but Tony never came out against the trainer which led everyone to believe, and rightfully so, that they were cohorts together in on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      I think it was handled wrong, you can play both sides and still save face. The trainer had already admitted to wrongdoing, in that case all they had to do was separate themselves from the trainer and blame everything on him, but Tony never came out against the trainer which led everyone to believe, and rightfully so, that they were cohorts together in on it.
      I understand that, but that's on Tony's corner, not between Tony and Arum. I'm sure Arum offered good money for Capetillo to come forward and take all blame, but I still don't see how Arum insulted Cotto or whatever.

Comment

I understand that, but that's on Tony's corner, not between Tony and Arum. I'm sure Arum offered good money for Capetillo to come forward and take all blame, but I still don't see how Arum insulted Cotto or whatever.
        Where have you been, why do you think Cotto was mad at Arum. There have been many articles on the topic. Wouldnt you be insulted if your promoter said Marg did nothing wrong, the same guy who probably used an illegal substance on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          Where have you been, why do you think Cotto was mad at Arum. There have been many articles on the topic. Wouldnt you be insulted if your promoter said Marg did nothing wrong, the same guy who probably used an illegal substance on you.
          He was probly mad at Arum for not fireing Margo, whatever, but if he thinks King, Dibella, GBP would've acted different he's dead wrong. His promo company is not ready for that league either, he should just let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
            At least Floyd can beat fighters that outweigh him by 15lbs.

Cotto can't do that.

Tony sure as hell can't.

Let's see Fanny Pac give-up 15lbs to another fighter..LOL

He'd get stomped.
            My dad can beat up your dad.

Comment

He was probly mad at Arum for not fireing Margo, whatever, but if he thinks King, Dibella, GBP would've acted different he's dead wrong. His promo company is not ready for that league either, he should just let it go.
              Id' bet all my points that if Cotto doesnt resign with Arum that he will sign with Golden Boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
                Arum would LOVE nothing more than to have a fighter that can beat Floyd.

If he believed for on MINUTE that Cotto was the one to do it he would have moved heaven and earth to make Mayweather v Cotto.

But he didn't.

Arum has been around long enuff to know Cotto didn't have a chance in hell to beat Floyd.
                If you look at what Arum is doing it all looks like he's looking for Floyd to fight Cotto if not Why would he even mention Cotto as a Pac opponenet, sometimes we underestimate the savy of these promoters . How do you settle when the two top WW want the P4P king "SHOWDOWN".

Comment

• Wow. Boxingscene wasn't working for me for like two days and this goes to seven pages. Damn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madlib View Post
                    Before the nuthugging or hater comments get thrown around, let me just say this. I enjoy watching PBF because of the perfection of HIS craft, but, I do not appreciate the way he goes about doing business, but that is the keyword, BUSINESS. That's the name of the game, and we all as fans and enthusiasts of the sport of boxing have to deal with.

Now, with that said, PBF clearly stated that although Mosley is a legitimate WW, he lost his chance to fight PBF, and now at the stage that Mosley is at, does not warrant him a chance to fight Mosley.

Is this a legitimate reason? Or a blatant excuse and clear example of ducking someone for the sake of money?

People will argue that because of the name PBF has made for himself, that it gives him the right to avoid fighters solely because of how much they appeal (draw), or in other words how much money they can generate. Personally, I see this as a huge excuse to avoid fighting a higher risk opponent, cupping that "0", and further accentuating his character, position, and name in boxing.

Floyd Money Mayweather Jr.
                    mosley has been in bigger ppvs and has been paid bigger purses than jmm has ever had.

floyd is so contradictory and hypocritical its ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      mosley has been in bigger ppvs and has been paid bigger purses than jmm has ever had.

floyd is so contradictory and hypocritical its ridiculous.
                      True, I guess PBF's judging SSM by his stature right now. I mean, legitimately and on paper, SSM is the man to beat, yet PBF continues to fight other fighters, all while continuing to boast about his greatness and immortality.

I'll admit, he's a good fighter, but his skills have yet to be tested, at least for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X