Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring dropped Ivan Calderon from their p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    I think he meant that there's nobody for calderon to fight at his division.
    ** Shouldn't matter one whit. Guy is only 5' tall and could make 95lbs if he could make any money there.

Here's a little guy with a buzzsaw offense. If you pasted Floydy's or Ali's mug on him everyone would be slobbering all over him as the best ever. He's lacks the pop to keep bigger, stronger guys off him, instead using footwork and angles seamlessly for both nonstop offense and defense, a modern day mini Willy Pep .

By definition he's the fighter p4p was created for. In spite of entering his mid 30s he has yet to lose a step and remains undefeated.

Line em up boys and I'll be happy plant those Ring chimps on their flabby fannies one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by PR Boxer View Post
      To be fair Rodel Mayol is a tuneup and Calderon was going to unify before the guy he was going to face got KO, while Calderon after facing Mayol will face either Sosa or Viloria. Basing on their standards they can't put Mayweather in their list after the Marquez fight because that fight is a tuneup also.
      Regardless of what people say... Marquez is not a tune-up. Anyone who says that should probably be chemically sterilized and not be allowed to watch boxing anymore.

I do agree it's ridiculous to penalize him for one fight though... They didn't cast Pavlik into the depths of hell for fighting Lockett.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        That's a damn shame. IMO Calderon is the best PR fighter out there currently P4P.
        Agree, you know we got some serious ******* when fighters don't want to get in the ring with feather fisted Calderon.

Comment

how do you get dropped without losing/???marquez hadnt fought for a year and remained..hopkins hasnt fought since oct and is #3

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            I do agree it's ridiculous to penalize him for one fight though... They didn't cast Pavlik into the depths of hell for fighting Lockett.
            Also looking at the WBO rankings Rodel Mayol is Calderon's mandatory, I think that's why he's fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by PR Boxer View Post
              Also looking at the WBO rankings Rodel Mayol is Calderon's mandatory, I think that's why he's fighting him.
              Man, then that is extremely lame on the part of The Ring.

An easy fight here and there is okay in my opinion, and it's 100% justified if it's a mandatory.

Weird move on the part of The Ring.

Comment

There a bunch of idiots also

Comment

Working...
                X