Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring dropped Ivan Calderon from their p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike_Dee View Post
    Just found this out, any reason to why?

Celestino Caballero over Ivan Calderon?...

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
    I agree about Caballero. He shouldn't even be in the top 20. Calderon is the best olympic boxer in the world today. I know the guy is a strawweight but that shouldn't be any excuse to not have a little punching power. I heard Roman Gonzalez who is a Nicaraguan is the #1 guy at strawweight since Calderon moved up and he has a lot of knockouts. I've seen Calderon fight before and to me it's like watching a little kid just play tap, tap, run out of harms way, and then say, "Oh, you didn't hurt me, He He He."
    Last edited by Iceta; 05-31-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Cant be lazy.

Comment

Finally.

Comment

thats bull****, marquez recently fought a bum and vazquez hasnt fought in like 16 months, calderon is being discriminated against because of his slick style and his weight class, just because he isnt a moron who runs into punches all night long doesnt mean he shouldnt get he recognition he deserves

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticFlamingo View Post
            Small weight classes don't sell, combine that with his inactivity and the randomness in the ratings and you will get dropped out of the list.
            Since When Selling have to do with your skills and resume???

Calderon P4P makes almost everybody look like a fool in the ring.

His last fight was in august 08. And he hasnt fought do to the injury. Dude just schooled the best JFly who happends to be 17 punds bigger than him FIght night and 6" taller. Thats the Equall of manny Pacquiao beating Williams at MW.

Idiots dont recognize smaller weights, because they are idiots.

Calderon is a top 5 P4P guy period!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              They explained it awhile ago. They said it was a tough decision, but he wasn't looking as good as the others and he wasn't facing as good of competition including his next fight.

Vazquez and Marquez hadn't fought, but they also dropped Vazquez a spot because of it. Marquez and Vazquez are a little different too. Their situation anyway.
              To elaborate... The Ring said Rodel Mayol is not the kind of opponent a P4P fighter faces, and that was the reason they moved Cotto and Donaire up to replace Hatton and Calderon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                Vazuqez, marquez, Hopkins'???????

The weight class should not matter.
                I think he meant that there's nobody for calderon to fight at his division.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticFlamingo View Post
                  Small weight classes don't sell, combine that with his inactivity and the randomness in the ratings and you will get dropped out of the list.
                  well he is only been with out a fight since august which he had a 4 month suspension for the cut

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                    I agree about Caballero. He shouldn't even be in the top 20. Calderon is the best olympic boxer in the world today. I know the guy is a strawweight but that shouldn't be any excuse to not have a little punching power. I heard Roman Gonzalez who is a Panamian is the #1 guy at strawweight since Calderon moved up and he has a lot of knockouts. I've seen Calderon fight before and to me it's like watching a little kid just play tap, tap, run out of harms way, and then say, "Oh, you didn't hurt me, He He He."
                    Roman is from Nicaragua, and while he does have alot of k.o.'s he is a polar opposite to Ivan in terms of fighting style. Calde to me is just as entertaining w/o the k.o.'s cuz he makes people look silly, but hey thats just me. Pelenchin is good but to have him on the list and not Calde is plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                      To elaborate... The Ring said Rodel Mayol is not the kind of opponent a P4P fighter faces, and that was the reason they moved Cotto and Donaire up to replace Hatton and Calderon.
                      To be fair Rodel Mayol is a tuneup and Calderon was going to unify before the guy he was going to face got KO, while Calderon after facing Mayol will face either Sosa or Viloria. Basing on their standards they can't put Mayweather in their list after the Marquez fight because that fight is a tuneup also.

Comment

Working...
                      X