Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Pacquiao Avoided Fighting African Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he has because all blacks fight the same /Sarcasm, this is so ****ing ****** I don't even know why I responded to this topic.

Comment

This is a controversial topic, but the writer makes a valid point.

Black fighter's are commonly thought of as slick, fast boxers.

Freddie Roach has gone on record saying that Pacquiao does not match-up well against slick, counter-punchers.

Manny shines when matched against a stationary target.

I don't know if Pac Man has purposely ducked Black boxers, but I do know that his team isn't too eager to put him against a quick, defensive opponent ie. the stereotype of an African American fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Remember how pissed Arum was at Guzman after the Soto fight?

He was going off on him after he won. Sour g****s cuz Soto lost, but Arum didn't like the way he lost.

That was live on HBO too.
        yep, I remember it well. He said guzman wasn't exciting enough to fight pacquiao too.

But yeah, the fight should have happened.

Freddie Roach wanted him as well.

Roach wants Pacquiao to face Guzman before Marquez

Manny Pacquiao and his trainer Freddie Roach want Dominican Republic’s Joan Guzman as the next opponent for the Philippines’ national pride, according to a report posted on Sunday by Sun-Star Cebu.

However, the deal has not yet been sealed as they are still waiting for the go signal from Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) and Sycuan Ringside Promotions — the co-promoters of Guzman, who is the World Boxing Organization super featherweight champion.

Top Rank’s founder and chairman Bob Arum has been negotiating with GBP’s Richard Schaefer and Sycuan’s Glenn Quiroga to allow the undefeated Guzman to fight Pacquiao on October 6 in Vancouver, Canada.

On a positive note, GBP executives Schaefer and Eric Gomez aren’t keen on holding back Guzman if the money offered by Arum and Top Rank is enough.

Roach has also given the go signal for his prized fighter, Pacquiao, to fight Guzman, whom he earlier described as the only fighter in the super featherweight division who has the arsenal to beat Pacquiao.

It seems Roach and Top Rank want Pacquiao to face Guzman first before the champ goes on a rematch against the WBC super featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez.

Pacquiao had earlier sent a letter to the World Boxing Council (WBC) asking it to name another mandatory challenger to Marquez, a move that drew a lot of flak not only from Pinoy fight fans but from the WBC president Jose Sulaiman himself. - GMANews.TV

Comment

This is the single most incoherent, most offensive article I have ever read anywhere.

The premise is laughable and the arguments are borderline absurd: Manny Pacquiao has avoided African Americans! You want an example? Joan Guzman! A native of the Dominican Republic! How bizarre is that?

I mean, just bizarre.

Isn't Manny actively seeking a fight with Floyd Mayweather right now?

This article has an eye-catching headline and absolutely no substance whatsoever. It mentions two fighters Pacquiao may have avoided, only one of which is African American.

Is there an editing process on this site? How does this garbage get posted on the front page?

Comment

Pacquiao should prove this writter wrong by challenging Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Pacquiao should prove this writter wrong by challenging Paul Williams.
              That would be the epitome of a circus freak fight

Comment

What blacks around his weight levels are there that are any good? Mayweather Jr., Ok. And who else?

Jab judah? haha thats a funny joke. He would get knocked the **** out and not get back up like Hatton.

Who else? There is no one.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodClottey View Post
                  This is the single most incoherent, most offensive article I have ever read anywhere.

The premise is laughable and the arguments are borderline absurd: Manny Pacquiao has avoided African Americans! You want an example? Joan Guzman! A native of the Dominican Republic! How bizarre is that?

I mean, just bizarre.

Isn't Manny actively seeking a fight with Floyd Mayweather right now?

This article has an eye-catching headline and absolutely no substance whatsoever. It mentions two fighters Pacquiao may have avoided, only one of which is African American.

Is there an editing process on this site? How does this garbage get posted on the front page?
                  You have got to be the only John Ruiz fan I have ever seen post here

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog82 View Post
                    What blacks around his weight levels are there that are any good? Mayweather Jr., Ok. And who else?

Jab judah? haha thats a funny joke. He would get knocked the **** out and not get back up like Hatton.

Who else? There is no one.
                    nate campbell is a decent option.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                      This is the worst article every writen about boxing and how could they make it the article of the day?!?!??!

Has the quality of BS is going down.
                      I agree completely. This article speaks very poorly of Boxing Scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X