Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Pacquiao Avoided Fighting African Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the battle begin!!!

Comment

Man, what the **** has this web site come to? We've got enough racial threads on BoxingScene. Do we need stories that spark racial controversy as well? Now I will admit the story has some truth to it, but the way it was written is unprofessional. Nate Campell fits the profile of a slick black boxer too who is more exciting than Guzman, and the author seems to make him less worthy than Guzman and Raheem regarding the list of guys Pacquiao should have fought? Why can't the author just leave the black part out of it and just say slick fighters? John David Jackson brought this up so, I guess there is some oligation to add the African American aspect to it. So what else can I say?
      Last edited by Iceta; 05-24-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I'm a big Guzman supporter and I don't think Pacquiao ducked him. I do think it should have happened after Guzman beat Soto but bob arum decided against it, and you cant blame him because Guzman is a relatively unknown name with a lot of skill and wouldn't bring in a lot of money, as far as PPV goes. I'm confident pacquiao will fight anyone put in front of him, including Guzman, its just that arum and others felt it would be better for his career to go elsewhere. Cant really blame him for that.

Regardless, the man wants Mayweather and when they step in the ring, all this talk should end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
          are you betting my own points against me?

dumb ass cashew.......

it's on. 30k.
          Yes. I'm giving you an opportunity to win your points back. It's a deal

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I'm a big Guzman supporter and I don't think Pacquiao ducked him. I do think it should have happened after Guzman beat Soto but bob arum decided against it, and you cant blame him because Guzman is a relatively unknown name with a lot of skill and wouldn't bring in a lot of money, as far as PPV goes. I'm confident pacquiao will fight anyone put in front of him, including Guzman, its just that arum and others felt it would be better for his career to go elsewhere. Cant really blame him for that.

Regardless, the man wants Mayweather and when they step in the ring, all this talk should end.

Remember how pissed Arum was at Guzman after the Soto fight?

He was going off on him after he won. Sour g****s cuz Soto lost, but Arum didn't like the way he lost.

That was live on HBO too.

Comment

[QUOTE=BIGPOPPAPUMP;5351810]By Brent Matteo Alderson - A week before Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Uh Lelo Ledwaba was as good of an African as you would find back then

End of story.

**** that's a guy I never gave Pac credit for beating. Mybad

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

it's ignorant to say pacquiao avoided guzman.

guzman won his first belt at 122 (a vacant one) in 2002 and his first good win at 122 wasn't 'til 2004 when he beat agapito. pacquiao had moved up to 126 to fight barrera in 2003.

his best win to date is soto at 130 and that was at the end of 2007.

why would pacquiao fight him at 130 rather than fight morales , barrera and marquez who were either #1 or #2 in the division at the time?

guzman didn't become one of the top ranked guys at 130 'til AFTER barrera , marquez , morales and pacquiao all left the division.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pullcounter;5351919]
                    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    By Brent Matteo Alderson - A week before Manny Pacquiao

Comment

This is the worst article every writen about boxing and how could they make it the article of the day?!?!??!

Has the quality of BS is going down.

Comment

Working...
                      X