No announcement yet.

Why Is Everyone Doubting JMM beating MAYWEATHER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
    Diaz didn't almost knock Marquez down. It wasn't the power of Diaz's punches that made JMM look off balance it was his brute strength that caused that. I would classify a fighter like Diaz who is very physically strong despite not having hard punches. He's good at forcing a fighter back and imposing his will and strength on his opponent.
    Yeah, he had him stunned pretty good for a few seconds, but in JMM's defense, it was a perfect punch, right on the point of the chin. He wasn't really hurt, and he recovered within seconds, but he did get stunned for those few seconds, and nearly lost his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
      Yeah, he had him stunned pretty good for a few seconds, but in JMM's defense, it was a perfect punch, right on the point of the chin. He wasn't really hurt, and he recovered within seconds, but he did get stunned for those few seconds, and nearly lost his feet.
      Fair point. But I totally disagree with these posters that say Diaz was totally dominating that fight or was ahead on the cards by a big margin up until Marquez lowered the boom on him. He may have been ahead widely on some cards but JMM was getting a lot of efficient work in. He was killing Diaz with all those uppercuts and making him pay for his aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyl15 View Post
        Hey almost knocked Marquez down, Marquez' legs buckled, and Diaz was winning that fight. Once again Marquez has been down by smaller guys. Mayweather is a really really good fighter, plus he is better than Marquez, Marquez is very very good, but I do think he is slightly overrated. If his defense was a little better then I would say he is p4p #2.
        You say Mayweather is so much better than Marquez and everybody is entitled to their opinion, but who has Mayweather fought with the boxing skills that JMM possesses? You guys are gonna see how overrated Mayweather is in this fight. Floyd has constantly been fighting guys that are totally outclassed and inferior and it's gonna cost him in this fight in my view. JMM is a totally different fighter than Brusseles, Mitchell, Gatti, and Baldomir. Hell in my opinion, Casamayor, Diaz, Barrera, and of course Pacquiao would beat all those guys on Mayweather's resume despite the size difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
          Fair point. But I totally disagree with these posters that say Diaz was totally dominating that fight or was ahead on the cards by a big margin up until Marquez lowered the boom on him. He may have been ahead widely on some cards but JMM was getting a lot of efficient work in. He was killing Diaz with all those uppercuts and making him pay for his aggression.
          By the time Diaz was stopped, I had given Marquez 4 rounds. He had started coming on in mid rounds, and probably would've taken the decision had Diaz managed to finish the fight, but honestly, Diaz is tough and has great conditioning, but anybody could see he was gassing, in part from the body work, and because he was just too active for his own good. He gave JMM some rough times, but didn't have that big a chance at a win here.

Comment

Of course JMM has a chance. He is hungrier for both the recognition and money that he believes he deserves that Pac and May are getting. On the other hand, Mayweather having lived the good life for the past several months may not only be rusty, but may lack the killer instinct and warrior mentality that JMM has plenty of.

But it all goes down on how well JMM can bring his game and physical ability on a higher weight class he hasn't tested before. The age factor may also begin to manifest itself and it remains to be seen whether he too has aged overnight. Floyd would still have the advantage being the bigger guy but there are too many intangibles that makes the outcome uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
              By the time Diaz was stopped, I had given Marquez 4 rounds. He had started coming on in mid rounds, and probably would've taken the decision had Diaz managed to finish the fight, but honestly, Diaz is tough and has great conditioning, but anybody could see he was gassing, in part from the body work, and because he was just too active for his own good. He gave JMM some rough times, but didn't have that big a chance at a win here.
              Marquez is a slow starter I'll admit. That could possibly hurt him or help him in the fight with Floyd. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksocks View Post
                Of course JMM has a chance. He is hungrier for both the recognition and money that he believes he deserves that Pac and May are getting. On the other hand, Mayweather having lived the good life for the past several months may not only be rusty, but may lack the killer instinct and warrior mentality that JMM has plenty of.

But it all goes down on how well JMM can bring his game and physical ability on a higher weight class he hasn't tested before. The age factor may also begin to manifest itself and it remains to be seen whether he too has aged overnight. Floyd would still have the advantage being the bigger guy but there are too many intangibles that makes the outcome uncertain.
                Good post acknowledging the advantages and still recognizing the variables involved and also giving JMM the credit he deserves ,,, this is a good fight .

Comment

I respect you guys who say JMM has a chance, but im sorry the odds say he doesn't have much chance. His only chance, only is that the layoff effects floyd heavily. Floyd being 32 and boxing for life i think the layoff has him looking better. Floyd is bigger, faster, stronger, younger, smarter, more technically sound, better counter puncher, can fight in different ways, etc etc. If anyone wants to bet me that JMM gets stopped or doesn't get a scorecard with him winning more than 4 rounds I'll take all bets, well with whatever points I have anyway.
                  Last edited by sandyvahra; 05-23-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                    I respect you guys who say JMM has a chance, but im sorry the odds say he doesn't have much chance. His only chance, only is that the layoff effects floyd heavily. Floyd being 32 and boxing for life i think the layoff has him looking better. Floyd is bigger, faster, stronger, younger, smarter, more technically sound, better counter puncher, can fight in different ways, etc etc. If anyone wants to bet me that JMM gets stopped or doesn't get a scorecard with him winning more than 4 rounds I'll take all bets, well with whatever points I have anyway.
                    MAn im a JMM Fan... I hate to agree with you but im gonna have to. Although I can never count JMM out. I still believe he has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
                      Whatever homey. This convo has been recycled amongst all of Mr boat buyer's cocksuckers who defend this fight and those who disagree. I've seen all the bull**** about hydration and unofficial weigh in stats. Bottom line is JMM ain't a ****in WW. I'd pick Mr boat buyer to beat him based on skills at 130, 135, or 140.
                      Again same broken record quoting weights they dont actually fight at during the battle ,,, you want to claim the weight they dont fight as being what they are size wise in a debate about size , like really man , how fuked is that , and your ol homey brain says forget about the real weight they fight at and lets go with the weight from the day before while dried prunes ,,, your logic is off in the head ol homey and every time I see your broken record I think look at ol homey flying his own ignorance like a flag .

Comment

Working...
                      X