Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever be involved in a FOTY type fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manny pacquiao would be foty candidate for sure

Comment

FOTYs are bouts with back and forth offensive action. We all know PBF does not exchange that much. So I think its unlikely. But, he is fighting the smaller fighters now so maybe we can get a brawl in his next two bouts. If he does brawl I dont think it would be give and take as much. The guy prides himself on taking the least amount of punishment in the sport.

Comment

i think a fast strong guy like manny who is also smart could really make floyd work hard for a W, and i think it could be a very exciting fight

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          No hating here, just a simple, serious question. Yes or No, and who would the opponent be?
          There is only one way he will be involved in a fight of there and I believe it may be the fight of the century and we all know who is involved...... Manny Pacquiao (P4P Champion) vs. Floyd Maybeweather (Cash Heffer). Say what you want but everyone knows it, and anybody that disagrees is just plain old hiding from the fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So answer to your question is yes but, with only one man and one man only......Manny Pacquiao!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KO2you View Post
            There is only one way he will be involved in a fight of there and I believe it may be the fight of the century and we all know who is involved...... Manny Pacquiao (P4P Champion) vs. Floyd Maybeweather (Cash Heffer). Say what you want but everyone knows it, and anybody that disagrees is just plain old hiding from the fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So answer to your question is yes but, with only one man and one man only......Manny Pacquiao!!!!!!!
            I too say yes, but with reservations. I have never seen one of Mayweather's fights which has been a FOTY candidate for me. Especially not this year, which has been a dynamite year for boxing thusfar. That said, Floyd vs. Pac has great potential. And yes, it could possibly be a fight of the year. Otherwise? No.

Comment

If that fight ever happens and it does turn out to be a FOTY candidate, it will not be because of Floyd. It will be because Manny would be all up in Floyd's ass for as long as the fight lasts.
              I like the thread and the question but you never know. If he is in one of those fights that would mean that he would ALSO have to do something, because there are TWO fighters in the ring. So it would because of him AND the opponent he is facing. If you ask me, I would say SMM, though he isn't prime anymore, he is a great boxer who can crack. Had they fought at 35, I think we would STILL be talking about that fight...
              Last edited by COACH WEBB; 05-22-2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by V. WEBB JR. View Post
                I like the thread and the question but you never know. If he is in one of those fights that would mean that he would ALSO have to do something, because there are TWO fighters in the ring. So it would because of him AND the opponent he is facing. If you ask me, I would say SMM, though he isn't prime anymore, he is a great boxer who can crack. Had they fought at 35, I think we would STILL be talking about that fight...
                Antonio Margarito would certainly push Floyd to that limit. That's why Floyd would never fight him and that's why Floyd almost **** his pants when Tony confronted him during that interview. Margarito would make Floyd FIGHT, just like he did Cotto.

Comment

Antonio Margarito would certainly push Floyd to that limit. That's why Floyd would never fight him and that's why Floyd almost **** his pants when Tony confronted him during that interview. Margarito would make Floyd FIGHT, just like he did Cotto.
                  WHOEVER it is...it would take BOTH of them for it to be the FOTY. That was the point of my first response to you P.

Comment

no because he doesn't need to be..

Comment

Doubtful.. He's passed his prime and passed his best weight, and his style has changed a bit over the years, rather he doesnt throw as many punches and combinations as he used to.

Wasn't his fights with Jesus Chavez and Castillo considered for foty?

Comment

Working...
                      X