Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez/Mayweather: Who Do We Really Want to Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
    If he sticks around for a couple more years, I think he will lose. Then again anything is possible, and Floyd does remain healthy and far away from any outside **** (as far as we know).

But I'm not looking forward to anything until Floyd officially signs a contract to fight any of those welterweights, it's all easier said than done.
    Well if he sticks around long enough of course he will lose. Well yea I will believe it when I see Floyd step in against an Arum promoted fighter. To me though Floyd only has a small number of possible opponents at any one time (atleast if he wants to make the money he is used to making) and most of these guys would be tough fights (to me right now the group is Mosley,Pacman and possibly Cotto who else can he even fight at this point in time should he beat JMM,Spinks?).

I want to see what he does with his comeback before I start judging it, right now it looks like he is angling for Pacman (but like you said getting that fight made is easier said then done), but where does he go if that fight does not come off next. It will be interesting to watch though.

Comment

It don't matter who you want to win because we all know who is going to win. I respect JMM and wish him well after this fight but he is going to get embarassed. Add him the the list of careers killed by Money May.

I saw the hitlist thing and I was real suprised to about Ortiz being on it. That seems crazy. Ortiz is going to be nice but he isn't ready for Mayweather and nor will he be ready for Mayweather by the time Mayweather calls it quits for good. Why not put a guy like Berto or Clottey on the hitlist before Ortiz. I love the list though, I hope he cleans them all up.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Floyd, as anyone who has seen any of my previous posts will know, but on July 18th I expect him win and I'd actually want him to win if it meant that after this fight he takes on a proper Welterweight.

Plus Pacquiao shouldn't fight him because if he's going to fight at WW again then it should be against someone who can bring a title to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
          I'm not a fan of Floyd, as anyone who has seen any of my previous posts will know, but on July 18th I expect him win and I'd actually want him to win if it meant that after this fight he takes on a proper Welterweight.

Plus Pacquiao shouldn't fight him because if he's going to fight at WW again then it should be against someone who can bring a title to the table.
          do you mean a paper title or the linear crown? Pacquiao should fight the biggest fights out there regardless of straps involved, and if Mayweather is that fight, so be it.

Comment

mayweather has disapointed his fans time after time with very boring fights. he is a great fighter, but does his personality really make up for his elusive boxing mentality. maybe boxing needs a face now that pacquiao destroyed de la hoyas career, but to me the face of boxing is great fights which mayweather lacks in

Comment

jmm's chance is slim, although i wish for him to win.
              meantime there is this 'busiman' in me that bets on moneymay...for consolation.
              floyd's "egg' will crack once he meets pacquiao.
              manny will most probably fyt floyd next, he's not afraid of anybody.
              anybody means even bigger WW's,... if he can have his own ways.

Comment

For the neutral, it'd be better for Mayweather to win. 95% of people want a Floyd v Pac followed by a Floyd v Cotto. If Floyd loses to JMM it probably won't happen !

Comment

i bet every floyd hater will watch this fight. styles are different and makes fights. so if you don't like him then don't watch. but i bet you will.

Comment

Floyd is a bum chaser. There is nothing great about him. Just go to Boxrec and look at the fighters he has faced. With the exception of Oscar, almost EVERY fighter he has faced in the last 10 years have had 2 things in common. They were A.) Shorter than him and B.) Had shorter arms than him. Yes he is talented, but it also helps having a SMALLER opponent than him. So what he came up from 125. I know thats the argument thats going to be made now. But Floyd can't make 140 let alone 145. Even Corrales who was taller than Floyd had shorter arms. As far as that lists is concerned, if Arum ****s on him as far as the Manny fight is concerned, Floyd will fight Cotto. Cotto fights the qualifications of a Mayweather opponent. Shane is too tall and arms are too long. Clottey is too beatslike and we know he aint going near Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScribe View Post
                      Floyd is a bum chaser. There is nothing great about him. Just go to Boxrec and look at the fighters he has faced. With the exception of Oscar, almost EVERY fighter he has faced in the last 10 years have had 2 things in common. They were A.) Shorter than him and B.) Had shorter arms than him. Yes he is talented, but it also helps having a SMALLER opponent than him. So what he came up from 125. I know thats the argument thats going to be made now. But Floyd can't make 140 let alone 145. Even Corrales who was taller than Floyd had shorter arms. As far as that lists is concerned, if Arum ****s on him as far as the Manny fight is concerned, Floyd will fight Cotto. Cotto fights the qualifications of a Mayweather opponent. Shane is too tall and arms are too long. Clottey is too beatslike and we know he aint going near Williams.
                      so longer arms win fights? and you call yourself a "scribe"?

boxrec warrior

most of the guys floyd has fought have been bigger than him

Comment

Working...
                      X