Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua Clottey: "Miguel Cotto is No Easy Fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my biggest thing is clotteys inactivity. that will be the excuse to downplay cotto if he wins, in a way its semi even for clotteys layoff and cottos easy tune up win after the cheat loss. still great fight lot of energy in the garden fa sho

Comment

If Clottey wins how long before we hear "******* is a hell of a drug" around these boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        You obviously have a very selective memory. Or did you forget 7-26-08?
        That doesn't even count, you know that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Neither guy wins this wit ease. It's gonna be brutal.
          While you think it's going to be brutal i think once Cotto puts a few good hands on Clottey i think he'll go on a defensive mode. He doesn't throw enough as it is and with Cotto landing good shots i really think he'll go a defensive mode. That's my opinion.

Comment

clottey knows that he needs a KO right? you know to make the fight exciting

Comment

Even if Cotto wins this fight I expect him to rematch Mosley which is the tougher fight and for the linear title at 147. And it needs to be in Vegas so the decision and officiating is fair. Mosley is making a mistake by not taking at least a stay-busy fight in between though. That could hurt his leverage for a potential rematch with Cotto.

Comment

Clottey showing a bit too much respect for Cotto in that interview? Is it me or does Clottey sound like he feels like he will lose to Cotto. Kind of a weird attitude to have before one of his biggest fights in his career. Tough test none the less, but I didn't get a good vibe from him... Though I'm a cotto fan, maybe I'm biased when reading that interview... Maybe he is just giving respect to Cotto, but he seems to be giving alot of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                  Clottey showing a bit too much respect for Cotto in that interview? Is it me or does Clottey sound like he feels like he will lose to Cotto. Kind of a weird attitude to have before one of his biggest fights in his career. Tough test none the less, but I didn't get a good vibe from him... Though I'm a cotto fan, maybe I'm biased when reading that interview... Maybe he is just giving respect to Cotto, but he seems to be giving alot of respect.
                  Clottey is like that, sometimes he is very humble and sometimes he feels like they "can not tek [his] punches". Cut him some slack, its not easy making it big coming from such a humble background and he knows that this is by far the hardest fight of his life. He knows that the opponent is a very skilled fighter and that shell defense won't cut it against those flashy combos in the cards, Clottey must go to war.

Comment

Clottey better go nad-hunting before Cotto does. If Cotto starts nad-hunting, its all over.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Clottey better go nad-hunting before Cotto does. If Cotto starts nad-hunting, its all over.
                      You must be a Judah fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X