Joshua Clottey: "Miguel Cotto is No Easy Fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Flex- View Post
    100 % agree
    I think Boxing needs guys like this they both want to Fight the best in order to be the best, not hang back picking and choosing oppenents to look good against

Comment

Clottey got this......UD, SD, KO, or TKO.......I cant call it......all I know is that Clottey got this

Comment

We'll see if Cotto can tek his pounches.

Comment

This will be Cotto's second tough fight, Mosley was the 1st one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            Clottey got this......UD, SD, KO, or TKO.......I cant call it......all I know is that Clottey got this
            Taking anymore bets? Im still lookin for someone to bet against on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
              most likely. He's just a better boxer.

Anyone else think if Cotto wins easy, the board will call Clottey overrated and discredit the win? It seems like no win these days is good enough on these boards.
              If Cotto wins it would be a great win for him but who Clottey has beat? Judah? Clottey is all defense and wont try to trade with Cotto, a lot of people are going to be surprised how Clottey will Fight/Box and choke on the "BIG" stage,which by the way he has never been. I will be on attendance and it would not be the first time that I go to a Cotto fight on MSG but this is a hole different animal.The eve of the Puertorican Day parade is just something else.....His record is 3-0, Clottey is not from NY and even it he was his about to enter hostile territory.....Good luck trying to ignore the boos which will be not only the 1st time he will have to deal with it but against arguably the best WW in the world! Cotto is been there and done that...Clottey? not so much....Styles makes fights and at the end of the night there will be only 1 ring and 2 warriors going at it but this much is for certain: COTTO KNOWS HISTORY,CROWD,EXPERIENCE AND GRIT, are on his SIDE!

Comment

is not going to be easy but it will be a W for Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Jay26 View Post
                  If Cotto wins it would be a great win for him but who Clottey has beat? Judah? Clottey is all defense and wont try to trade with Cotto, a lot of people are going to be surprised how Clottey will Fight/Box and choke on the "BIG" stage,which by the way he has never been. I will be on attendance and it would not be the first time that I go to a Cotto fight on MSG but this is a hole different animal.The eve of the Puertorican Day parade is just something else.....His record is 3-0, Clottey is not from NY and even it he was his about to enter hostile territory.....Good luck trying to ignore the boos which will be not only the 1st time he will have to deal with it but against arguably the best WW in the world! Cotto is been there and done that...Clottey? not so much....Styles makes fights and at the end of the night there will be only 1 ring and 2 warriors going at it but this much is for certain: COTTO KNOWS HISTORY,CROWD,EXPERIENCE AND GRIT, are on his SIDE!

Some but the crowd of fans dont fight for you in the ring, they could even be a hinders sometimes but i still expect Cotto to take care of his business in the ring just because he is the better overall boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
                    Some but the crowd of fans dont fight for you in the ring, they could even be a hinders sometimes but i still expect Cotto to take care of his business in the ring just because he is the better overall boxer.
                    Just like I wrote at the end of the comment but you can tell my he will be the visiting (underdog) team. What would happen if they go to the judges and is a closed fight? Exactly....I'm not saying is a big advantage but Clottey has never experience such a thing, he needs a TKO if not good luck trying to win a decision on Cottos turf....Is easy to say: I will block everything and concentrated at the task at hand...... but the truth is when you walk that tunnel and you realize this is it......And look around and see the house pack with 20,000+ booing and waving the PR flag.....Dude it would distract even the great Ali....if not ask SSM....also ask him why he wants a rematch on the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by jose1418 View Post
                      This will be Cotto's second tough fight, Mosley was the 1st one!!!
                      You obviously have a very selective memory. Or did you forget 7-26-08?

Comment

Working...
                      X