Freddie Roach: "I think Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
    You are a ****ing tool.

He fought Oscar at 147, because he had been fighting at 154 and above for the past 8 years. It was the middle point.

Mosley and Cotto both regularly fight at 147. So again, they would want them to at least meet them half way.
    what??thats makes no sense at all...154 was to high but 147 was ok..so he can take his ass back to 147

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
      For starters, Marquez is no tune up fight. Were talking about the same Marquez who argueably beat Pac. I think Floyd coming back and heading straight for Pac would be a bad idea, i think it's a smart move to fight Marquez first. If Floyd does win the fight then 100% were going to see Pac Vs Floyd. He knows what he's doing and hasn't came out of retirement for nothing, im sure the main reason is because he wants Pac.
      if the #2 p4p fighter in the world is considered a tuneup for you, it says allot about what kind of fighter you are it's a compliment for floyd really

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
        Although, I do think the fight with Marquez adds a great twist to the storyline, if he does beat Marquez...I also think that Floyd is a very insecure person, despite what his words and actions might imply.

If he was so supremely confident, he would have waited, and opted to fight Pacquiao, instead of taking a tune-up.
        He`s coming off a 2 year layoff.Ofcourse he wants to make sure he`s at his best before he takes on Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Why did Floyd fight Oscar at 154?

Larryx your my boy, but we all know the answer to that question. Oscar = $$$.
          and oscar happened to be a champ at 154

Comment

some people on this forum have **** for brains and it aint even funny..they believe anything as long as its negative against floyd

Comment

Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao.

He said to Oscar that after he beat JMM that he should come back
              so they can make 50,60 million.

He should fight no.1 welterweight PAUL WILLIAMS.

I hope JMM beat his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                Maybe that would be what Freddie would like so that they could get Floyd coming off a long layoff; that's how Freddie likes to fight fighters; with the fighters having a disadvantage.

But Freddie is just bull****ting everybody.

Floyd is going to fight JMM because JMM gave Pac a lot of trouble and some say JMM won one or both fights. Roach and Arum DO NOT WANT Floyd to fight and beat JMM; especially by KO. Plus, it moves some chips in Floyd's direction for bargaining purposes for the fight.

Floyd said in the L.A. times that he wants to fight 3x a year. That means he can be ready for a end of the year fight if all is well in his return bout. And Manny will be fighting at the end of the year so they shouldn't jump ahead and sign with anybody.

Was Pac going to be ready by July? I don't think so.

Floyd can't just come off a long layoff at this stage of his career and fight a heavy pressure fighter like Pac.

Freddie also wants Shane and Cotto to come down in weight...why is that?
                Manny already fought at 147.
                I'll tell you: Because he wants to take something from those fighters before they even fight...just like he said he wanted to do with Floyd by making him come down in weight.

I wouldn't trust Freddie around my water or food.
                Makes alot of sense. Floyd would be dumb to fight Pac after immediatly coming out of retirement. Fighting Marquez is a smart move and he himself knows what he's doing. And if he does beat Marquez then i think Floyd will get the better deal vs Pac.

No way is Floyd scared....

Comment

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
                  some people on this forum have **** for brains and it aint even funny..they believe anything as long as its negative against floyd
                  What gets me is the

Pac beat Hatton in 2 rounds while it took Floyd longer
                  thus meaning Pac will beat floyd

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                    If he fights Marquez though and then retires dude's scared
                    I'll agree with this. pac is p4p #1 and a big draw, so mayweather will have no excuses. he has no choice but to face pac and back his mouth up.

Comment

Pacquiao > Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X