No announcement yet.

did the brits boo hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    People liked Naseem Hamed though, he was Asian.
    Put it this way.......Times have changed.......me myself being a muslim...and half egyptain (alot of people i dunno why see that as asian!? lol need 2 go do some mre geography lessons i think)...have seen so much change basicly since 9/11 happened.....Newspapers constantly pointing the finger at muslims for everything......even still to today i pick up a paper on the train, u will never see it say...a christian boy has done bla bla bla....but if hes a muslim jezzzzzzzzzz the word muslim is written in capital letters...wtf is that about? And then Asians are apparently "trying to act black", or "they think they are strong" n bla bla same ****...

They constantly get abuse........Most of my friends are white and black, they are completely unaware of how racist they are nowadays.....they will NEVER EVER say the word "Nig*er" ..... because most of the people are intimidated by black people and realize what has happened before with the slavery etc...but they will be the first person to say the word "p*ki" .....

I had a debate with a boy recently and he had the cheek to say and make himself look like a complete prick.....when i said to him, why is it ok for you to say P*ki but you expect no one to say nig*er....n he said "Because P*ki sint as bad" what a dick! And most people i know will say it without even thinking of it being racist....and for instance if any asian people are walking by and they are dressed as i would say "british" i will hear people i know say..."o they think they are cool" or something...as if they havent been raised in the same society as the rest of us.........

Comment

Originally posted by hishaam15 View Post
      that was before 9/11 and whatever else happened after that...
      I still like the guy and Benn and Watson. I grew up watching them. I won't pretend 9/11 didn't change things a bit but people can see Amir Khan's a definitely good guy it's just certain moves he makes and things he says which mean people have difficulty warming to him.

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
      Put it this way.......Times have changed.......me myself being a muslim...and half egyptain (alot of people i dunno why see that as asian!? lol need 2 go do some mre geography lessons i think)...have seen so much change basicly since 9/11 happened.....Newspapers constantly pointing the finger at muslims for everything......even still to today i pick up a paper on the train, u will never see it say...a christian boy has done bla bla bla....but if hes a muslim jezzzzzzzzzz the word muslim is written in capital letters...wtf is that about? And then Asians are apparently "trying to act black", or "they think they are strong" n bla bla same ****...
      I feel sorry for muslims all being labelled as one group, it's poor stereotyping.

They constantly get abuse........Most of my friends are white and black, they are completely unaware of how racist they are nowadays.....they will NEVER EVER say the word "Nig*er" ..... because most of the people are intimidated by black people and realize what has happened before with the slavery etc...but they will be the first person to say the word "p*ki" .....

I had a debate with a boy recently and he had the cheek to say and make himself look like a complete prick.....when i said to him, why is it ok for you to say P*ki but you expect no one to say nig*er....n he said "Because P*ki sint as bad" what a dick! And most people i know will say it without even thinking of it being racist....and for instance if any asian people are walking by and they are dressed as i would say "british" i will hear people i know say..."o they think they are cool" or something...as if they havent been raised in the same society as the rest of us.........
      P*ki is short for Pakistani so maybe that was his argument. It's not the words really it's how they are used.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-01-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X