No announcement yet.

did the brits boo hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
    LOL let me make this clear....Beckham was NEVER overhyped....he was boo'd because he got a red card in the world cup against argentina and the fans used him as an excuse for losing......

same happened with rooney but difference is rooney will never be hated by england cos hes their hope.
    very true indeed.

Comment

LOL let me make this clear....Beckham was NEVER overhyped....he was boo'd because he got a red card in the world cup against argentina and the fans used him as an excuse for losing......

same happened with rooney but difference is rooney will never be hated by england cos hes their hope.
      Well you're a United fan so you would say that. The same did happen with Rooney but it wasn't stupid petulance like Beckham, it was aggression and we all like Rooney for being that sort of player.

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
      I'm starting to think UK is just as racist as the US. We have boxers here that represent not only the US, but also their country of origin. You'll see Mexican-American boxers sporting trunks with the Mexican flag colors etc.. and he is accepted as much as any other American athlete.

Khan has potential (and amazing hand speed), I believe that. Once Pac is done, I think he will become Roach's next prodigy.
      We don't tend to have that kind of multi-cultural approach to the same extent as America. I'm not really sure why but you don't tend to see Linford Christie with African flags when sprinting or Nigel Benn when he fought.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Well you're a United fan so you would say that. The same did happen with Rooney but it wasn't stupid petulance like Beckham, it was aggression and we all like Rooney for being that sort of player.
        LOL are you being serious? Yes im a united fan but more then that im a football fan....every1 that loves football knows what beckham did for it, he was the reason alongside a few other united players we won the treble...hes 1 of the reasons english football got so big....hes also probably the only reason the england team ever qualified or got as far as they did in most competitions....my ass he is overhyped lol people that say that must have no knowledge about football or just plain and simple dislike him...

Comment

We don't tend to have that kind of multi-cultural approach to the same extent as America. I'm not really sure why but you don't tend to see Linford Christie with African flags when sprinting or Nigel Benn when he fought.
          Thats true....the british way is either...you support your country, and no other or we dont like u.......not exactly like that but u get wht i mean

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            I'll be going, and will back Khan. I'd rather see a half empty O2 arena full of real boxing fans, then a full house wanting to see Khan get KTFO again but i get the feeling the latter is more likely to happen.

Khan is on his own. Maybe it's best this way?
            I'm going with my girlfriend. She likes Khan from that time he was on 'Beat the star.'

Khan is probably my favourite fighter now Joe has gone. I like vulnerable fighters. Him and Haye are mustard in my eyes.

Comment

LOL are you being serious? Yes im a united fan but more then that im a football fan....every1 that loves football knows what beckham did for it, he was the reason alongside a few other united players we won the treble...hes 1 of the reasons english football got so big....hes also probably the only reason the england team ever qualified or got as far as they did in most competitions....my ass he is overhyped lol people that say that must have no knowledge about football or just plain and simple dislike him...
              I don't think he was overhyped, I think he was a top player. But if you go to the continent they'll tell you the hype didn't match the substance which is probably true, his popularity would lead you to think he was the best player in the world but he was never quite that good. Sometimes that hype worked against him here as well, I've heard it said, you either love Beckham or hate him and I think that's one of the reasons. Anyway, not the best place for a football discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                I'm going with my girlfriend. She likes Khan from that time he was on 'Beat the star.'

Khan is probably my favourite fighter now Joe has gone. I like vulnerable fighters. Him and Haye are mustard in my eyes.
                God, we must be cut from the same cloth, because weak chinned/power punches make my **** tingle.

Comment

Arsenal are gonna rape united at the emirates. Manage to bag me a pair of tickets so i'll be there singing granny shagger and fat bastard to rooney. CLUB THEN COUNRTY

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    God, we must be cut from the same cloth, because weak chinned/power punches make my **** tingle.
                    I know, I just don't get why people love guys with great chins.

With a guy with a dodgy chin and good power it doubles the chances of a 'wow moment.'

Comment

I don't think he was overhyped, I think he was a top player. But if you go to the continent they'll tell you the hype didn't match the substance which is probably true, his popularity would lead you to think he was the best player in the world but he was never quite that good. Sometimes that hype worked against him here as well, I've heard it said, you either love Beckham or hate him and I think that's one of the reasons. Anyway, not the best place for a football discussion.
                      Ok fair point! haha

Back on the subject...i was about 2 say something about khan...n just remmemberd it was a thread about B-Hop!!!

Yes he got boo'd like mad! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X