No announcement yet.

Miranda repects Froch win and invites him to Oakland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Is this fight taking place at 168 or 175?
    I'm hoping Miranda pulls through. He has done better against boxers than he has against punchers, so he will definitely test Ward's chin. I just wonder how much Miranda has left in him. Pavlik and Abraham no doubt stripped away much of his confidence and his chin seems vulnerable now.
    168lbs... that's where Pantera is looking for the big fights.

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
    I'm not talking about robbed by the judges.

I'm talking about Froch being robbed literally...just making a crack about Cokeland.
    AHhh, gotcha. I didnt realize Oakland was so bad.
    Is the stadium in a bad area?

Comment

So where are the safer places to stay in Oakland?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
        So where are the safer places to stay in Oakland?
        LOL, there are no safe places...run!!

Comment

The Oakland hills are nice.

There's nice parts and bad parts like any city.

Overall though it's long been notorious for its crime.

Comment

I was at Miranda's fight at York hall and whilst excited to see him before the fight, he didn't look good. he seemed bloated and just went through the motions I hope he still has title level ambitions and maybe the last fight was a consequence of doing just enough; biding his time for a more meaningful fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeysusChristus View Post
              I was at Miranda's fight at York hall and whilst excited to see him before the fight, he didn't look good. he seemed bloated and just went through the motions I hope he still has title level ambitions and maybe the last fight was a consequence of doing just enough; biding his time for a more meaningful fight.

I agree with you. 176lbs was too heavy for him. But lets not discount Joey Vegas. He is a very good defensive fighter with a great chin. He is not a guy anyone would just walk right through. Hopefully at 168lbs he will have more speed and aggression.

Comment

I really want to see how good Miranda's chin is, if his chin is there I have confidence he'll win. I hope he's been working on his defense.

Comment

The Oakland hills are nice.

There's nice parts and bad parts like any city.

Overall though it's long been notorious for its crime.

What about near the arena (I believe that is near the airport, no?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
                    What about near the arena (I believe that is near the airport, no?)
                    It should be alright. The Coliseum and Oracle Arena are sort of isolated from other areas. The worst thing to worry about there are drunk violent Raider fans at one of their games.

I'm only semi-familiar with the Town...I know the most notorious sections are a few miles east of the Coliseum, called "the Killing Fields" of East Oakland. My friend used to live near the Coliseum, he said it wasn't too bad. I don't think he ever had anything happen to him or his property.

I've been to Oracle numerous times....no problems at all.
                    Last edited by Thread Stealer; 05-02-2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

It should be alright. The Coliseum and Oracle Arena are sort of isolated from other areas. The worst thing to worry about there are drunk violent Raider fans at one of their games.

I'm only semi-familiar with the Town...I know the most notorious sections are a few miles east of the Coliseum, called "the Killing Fields" of East Oakland. My friend used to live near the Coliseum, he said it wasn't too bad. I don't think he ever had anything happen to him or his property.

I've been to Oracle numerous times....no problems at all.
                      Cool man. Thanks. Ill be sure to keep away from any area called 'Killing' anything! Looking forward to this fight. It gonna tell a lot about these two guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X