No announcement yet.

Marquez vs. Mayweather Strategies for both fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez vs. Mayweather Strategies for both fighters

I think Mayweather will stick with his plan of you punch first and I'll counter. And, to much of you floyd haters' dismay, he will win again what yall think?

naw..floyd will walk the smaller man down...he wont have to fight him on his back foot

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
      I think Mayweather will stick with his plan of you punch first and I'll counter. And, to much of you floyd haters' dismay, he will win again what yall think?
      You are aware that Juan is not a pressure fighter, but a counter puncher?

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
        JMM would get KTFO no matter what he does in this fight. Mr boat buyer is bigger, stronger, and faster.
        yessir... you are on point.com

Comment

Honestly, I don't know how JMM could even win this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            Honestly, I don't know how JMM could even win this.
            It is difficult to visualize... If JMM tries to counter like he did early on against Diaz he will get beat up, Floyd has the speed to land like Diaz did but also the power to really hurt him

If JMM piles on the pressure, which I can't really see, Floyd would pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
              You are aware that Juan is not a pressure fighter, but a counter puncher?
              I've seen him aggressive though. Against Floyd he can't counter better, so he'll have to press the fight. Unfortunately, that won't work out either.

Comment

I've seen him aggressive though. Against Floyd he can't counter better, so he'll have to press the fight. Unfortunately, that won't work out either.
                He takes on the role of the aggressor for the initial 3 rounds. But its only to measure up the fighter and the distance. He then falls back, to bait the opponent in the middle of the ring.

Members do understand that he is an elite tactical fighter. Or that Diaz is not Floyd. Meaning different planning/sizing up for different opponents. Or if KO is not within reach, he will aim to win by points. A defensive fighter looks bad, when continuingly withdraws from an engagement

Comment

This isn't going to be a massacre a la Gatti...at least i hope not. Marquez is one of my faves and I think ring rust will play a factor in this for Mayweather. Sure Mayweather trains his ass of in the gym but a 2 year layoff from actual fights is a long time.

I wouldn't write Marquez off so easily.

Comment

I think Marquez will be the aggressor for the most part, though he will be more measured than a JLC or Juan Diaz

He will be placing hard punches on Mayweather's body, trying to do it in combos, but I'm sure Mayweather won't be there to be hit more than twice in succession...

I think he will take advantage of the periods were Mayweather stops on the ropes, and throw pretty, eye-catching combos, whether they get through or not, they will help him win rounds

He WILL catch Mayweather cleaner than the vast majority of his past opponents have, however I think he may be getting hit too freely by Floyd to actually take the win

Will be an intriguing fight

Comment

Working...
                    X