Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do rate Lennox Top3-5 H2H but Ali is GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      He didn't even take Frazier, who's 205lb 5'11" and considered by virtually anyone to be a lesser fighter to Lewis, "easily", in fact losing to him before he faded a little, and Ali was able to pull his head down illegally all night long.

Yet he's going to take the more skilled, 6'6" 245lb Lewis,"easily"

think about what you are writing.

He beat Frazier because he was able to use that leverage on the inside, leverage he would not have as he'd be SEVERELY overpowered in close by Lewis, he beat Foreman by lying on the ropes until foreman gassed, that tactic won't work on Lewis as he's more intelligent than a young foreman, and would be content to just tap away at Ali scoring points if he tried that. He can't win boxing on the outside without his legs against a taller, longer fighter with an elite jab, he can't spark Lewis with a lucky shot like Lewis only losses, so....

Your Avatar really bely's your obvious bias on the topic.
      You are not comparing Lewis to Frazier are you? They are stylistically about as far away from each other as you can get. Ali had trouble with Frazier because he didn't have legs after his comeback.

Frazier was able to get in on him enough to make the fights interesting.

Lewis would try and win from the outside.

The problem is... Lewis is incredibly predictable. He comes with the left hook right hand all day long, and he will reach for you and put himself off balance.

Not really a problem when you are fighting big lumbering brutes that lack the mobility to change range on you and counter, but Ali could.

Lewis couldn't even stop a shot Holyfield in 2 fights. Something Riddick Bowe was able to accomplish 5 years earlier. Probably had something to do with Holyfield being able to move a little bit.

Need I mention the Evander even managed to Buzz Lewis?

Comment

Lewis would be Ali's biggest challenge thats all i can say and vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          You are not comparing Lewis to Frazier are you? They are stylistically about as far away from each other as you can get. Ali had trouble with Frazier because he didn't have legs after his comeback.

The problem is... Lewis is incredibly predictable. He comes with the left hook right hand all day long, and he will reach for you and put himself off balance.

Not really a problem when you are fighting big lumbering brutes that lack the mobility to change range on you and counter, but Ali could.

Lewis couldn't even stop a shot Holyfield in 2 fights. Something Riddick Bowe was able to accomplish 5 years earlier. Probably had something to do with Holyfield being able to move a little bit.

You say Ali didn't have his legs in his comeback, and then in the next breath you say his mobility would win him the fight vs lewis, when we are discussing (if you bothered to look back) Comeback Ali vs Lewis

Anyway i'm not going over this anymore, there is a bunch on here, mostly americans who would never accept that a non american could even have a chance against a guy like Ali, it's just banging one's head against a brick wall.

Enjoy.

Comment

You notice there's always an excuse for every decent win a british fighter ever has

"oh he was shot"

"he couldn't make the weight"

"his legs were giving him jip in that fight"

"he was drugged"

"he was overrated"

every single one.

every single one.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              You say Ali didn't have his legs in his comeback, and then in the next breath you say his mobility would win him the fight vs lewis, when we are discussing (if you bothered to look back) Comeback Ali vs Lewis

Anyway i'm not going over this anymore, there is a bunch on here, mostly americans who would never accept that a non american could even have a chance against a guy like Ali, it's just banging one's head against a brick wall.

Enjoy.
              Same thing that british do with klitschkos.

Comment

I see what you are saying, non american, but isnt this argument more to do with the fact that Ali was so damn good, and not because he was american?

Personally I think Lewis would trouble Ali enough to take one fight out of three. But to pretend Ali wouldnt find a way to win in the other 2 matches, given he always has, is pushing it.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Same thing that british do with klitschkos.

Because of TKO6, An old Lennox Lewis stops his heir to the throne. He broke the trend of old aging champion being overtaken by his heir; Louis-Marciano, Moore-Clay, Ali-Holmes, Holmes-Tyson etc. Special Stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Very good analysis, couldn't agree more.

Comment

Holyfield was not shot in his encounters against Lewis, I say that he was past prime but still of the elite. It's a good win. It would be one of Ali's toughest fights and I'm a huge fan of Muhammad he would not have an easy time against the likes of the Superheavies even though I believe he could still find a way to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X