No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola weighs in at 255, Mccline 271

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Look, no-one expects Arreola to have the physique of Haye or a Klitschko. But simply, 255 is a joke. It's just extra flab, which in no way helps him. He knows it himself.

HBO have put effort into selling him, and there's alot of goodwill towards Chris from people who want to see a successful American heavyweight. But everytime he comes in this huge, it's a slap in the face of everyone. As a Arreola fan, I'm just disappointed again that he keeps doing this. The sad thing is, I'm not even surprised anymore.

Unfortunately, he will not learn until he loses. And when he does, we all know exactly what he's gonna blame it on.
    Yeah, it is disappointing that he is doing nothing about the extra weight and you're right, it will take a loss for him to figure it out.

I'm a fan of Chris too. He's really exciting to watch and has great heart. The thing is boxing is his job. He doesn't have to sit at work all day like most of us do. All he has to do is train and condition himself and it is a slap in the face, like you said, that he can't cut the weight. He has money and time. There is really no reason for him to be carrying that extra poundage.

McCline is going to be a tough fight for him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner54 View Post
      Enough with this weight bull****. He either continues knocking dudes out or he doesn't.

If he loses then get on his ass about the weight, but as of right now the dude is undefeated.
      I feel you and maybe its too early to judge, but i dont think he's helping himself when it comes to his conditioning.....them top contenders, savvy vets and champs are going to be swinging away at that flat tire.....

Comment

hopefully mccline puts him on his butt and ends this hype train

I like chris but if he is fat and lazy I cant support him...brute strength will not take you far

Comment

didnt arreola almost get knocked out against cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            He also hasn't fought anybody who can expose him.
            Wladamir lost to Ross Purity(journeyman), Corey Sanders(Journeyman), and Lamon Brewster(Quasi Journeyman).

He gassed in two of those fights and Sanders exposed his Chin in the other one....Wladamir is now the Number 1 HW in the world and has the body of a greek god.

Comment

Originally posted by Sutekh uvdabrix View Post

I like chris but if he is fat and lazy I cant support him...brute strength will not take you far
              as long as hes winning and knocking people out i dont see anything wrong

Comment

Arreola has to take a page out of Oscar's book and start doing the kangaroo meat diet! lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Sutekh uvdabrix View Post

I'm sorry but can you box at Arreola's Pace for even three rounds?

I don't know how many of you have even worked out in a boxing gym but I see guys that look like male models who don't have the cardio to go 2 rounds much less 4 or 5 rounds.

I just want some of you to recognize that Chris isn't out of shape like me and you are out of shape. They are two diffrent things!!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    That pictue of Fedor is 10-8 years old so look at the one in my sig instead because that was taken about a year ago.
                    It's nowhere near that old. Fedor has M-1 trunks on, an organization which started just a couple of years ago.

Fedor is in perfect shape for what he does. He has pretty much always been that way at 220-230. Arreola on the other hand is near 260 and looks very slow.

You could be right but I've seen it before and I'm seeing it again. A lot of good prospects throw out their talent because they have no dedication. Even Arreola himself has admitted in past interviews that he should get his weight down because it's making him immobile.

Arreola might be undefeated but we will see for how long that will last when he steps up in competition.

Comment

weight0677706 lol lol .....Look at it this way; Even at his weight he still looks better in the ring than the Klits and he fights with more excitement than the Klits. He is still YOUNG and up and coming. The first time I ever seen him fight before he started becoming a name ,I liked him. Weight...Who says its an issue and where did anyone see that it was ever a negative factor in ANY of his fights?

8 ROUNDS AND STiLL GOING STRONG

Comment

Working...
                      X