Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a boxer take it to a Navy Seal in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
    Boxers train to "kill" under boxing rules. SEALS train to kill under no rules.
    Basically my entire point

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      The thing with the actual fight itself is that it's not going to be a stand up fight the entire time. Matter of fact, I've NEVER seen a street fight (and I've seen plenty in my lifetime) that hasn't gone to the ground eventually. The way a Boxer blocks or dodges a punch may not be how a Navy Seal may block or dodge and being that the Navy Seal is trained in grappling, I don't see how a boxer is going to know how to sprawl and defend a take down.

That's pretty much my point. In a Boxing ring, obviously a Boxer will win. In a real life fight, A Boxer has two tools to use, his hands. A Navy Seal has a lot more options than an average or even above average Boxer who won't know how to deal with that type of attack.

Im not trying to **** on Boxing whatsoever, but Boxers are trained to fight professionally. Seals are literally trained to kill.

ive seen many fights before as well..but most of the fights that ive seen are stand up fights..ive been in plenty of fights, myself, and i remember only 3 fights going to the ground..back to the topic..i'd favor the navy seal..the more difficult the training, the greater the chance of winning..i think not many people here would argue that Navy Seal's training are more difficult than boxers..

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        The thing with the actual fight itself is that it's not going to be a stand up fight the entire time. Matter of fact, I've NEVER seen a street fight (and I've seen plenty in my lifetime) that hasn't gone to the ground eventually. The way a Boxer blocks or dodges a punch may not be how a Navy Seal may block or dodge and being that the Navy Seal is trained in grappling, I don't see how a boxer is going to know how to sprawl and defend a take down.

That's pretty much my point. In a Boxing ring, obviously a Boxer will win. In a real life fight, A Boxer has two tools to use, his hands. A Navy Seal has a lot more options than an average or even above average Boxer who won't know how to deal with that type of attack.

Im not trying to **** on Boxing whatsoever, but Boxers are trained to fight professionally. Seals are literally trained to kill.
        Hey noob, you obviously don't know much about boxing but here's a protip for you: boxing is not just about punching. The sweet science has several equally important elements one of which is FOOTWORK. Which boxer do you watch that just stands in one place and throws arm punches? You truly are a dumbass, an expert boxer is also an expert at FOOTWORK and can easily get out of the way of a Seal's attempt to shoot at his feet or take him down while throwing punches off the back foot and KTFO the Seal. Please learn about boxing before postign ignorant hogwash.

Comment

if you mean an elite boxer, he'd probabley win 9/10 times
          boxers REALLY push themselves in training, they have huge punching power and are fast

Comment

You think Boxers wouldn't use their legs or thumbs for eye gouging etc etc?
            What the ****? Haven't you guys see Bernard fight? Same damn deal. Your hands are weapons if you have a boxing license.

Comment

lets consider a few things, a "street fight" usually only last a matter of seconds and can be in situations where its unexpected with sucker punches or when one or both parties are drunk ect.

based on this I would give the boxer huge advantages. He has had so much more training on his fighting aspect to where he can still throw good punches on instinct. The seals focus on so much other **** than hand 2 hand stuff which really isnt that important to them and most of them likely never had to use it in a real life situation plus the sparring for krav magna by its nature cant be full contact so they dont have any real practice while the boxer has had hours and hours of real practice hitting people.

Very likely the boxer ends it with a combo right there and the other guy is out before much else happens.
              Last edited by elfag; 04-06-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. riz View Post
                Simple question.

What's your take?
                Easily, Navy seals don't train for years to fight with only their fists. They can take on the average man but not a professional.

The punching power of a pro boxer is illegal to use on the street. Even a featherweight these days packs an incredible wallop.

Comment

Yall forget that ina street fight a boxer wouldnt be wearing gloves. so he would have a massive handspeed advantage...

Comment

Originally posted by hishaam15 View Post
                    Yall forget that ina street fight a boxer wouldnt be wearing gloves. so he would have a massive handspeed advantage...
                    not only massive handspeed but massive punching power.

Street fight: Boxer lays the navy seal out cold in the first 7 seconds with a flurry/combo

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
                      Hey noob, you obviously don't know much about boxing but here's a protip for you: boxing is not just about punching. The sweet science has several equally important elements one of which is FOOTWORK. Which boxer do you watch that just stands in one place and throws arm punches? You truly are a dumbass, an expert boxer is also an expert at FOOTWORK and can easily get out of the way of a Seal's attempt to shoot at his feet or take him down while throwing punches off the back foot and KTFO the Seal. Please learn about boxing before postign ignorant hogwash.

i think the boxer's chance of winning will improve tremendously if the battlefield is wide enough where the boxer can use his footwork..if they fought in an open area, the boxer will just jab and move backwards while punching the seal at the same time..this technique can be used in the streets i tell u..it's just a misconception that in street fights, the fights go to the ground almost evrytime..I've been in a fight where i have to use my footspeed because i was facing a hard puncher(outweighs me tremendously)..but i was beating him using my footwork until somebody interrupted to stop the fight..

Comment

Working...
                      X