No announcement yet.

how good is paul williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how good is paul williams...

i've watched some of his fights and he's looked good. i've been told that his one of the most ducked fighters around, do you agree??

Looking at him he looks way too bloody big for WW, looks like flipping dalsim off street fighter.

anyway, is he that good and will he beat winky??

Yeah hes avoided...........Its possible that he beats winky but winky might still have it to beat him.........

Comment

im likin the sig pic

Comment

Originally posted by dumber79 View Post
        i've watched some of his fights and he's looked good. i've been told that his one of the most ducked fighters around, do you agree??

Looking at him he looks way too bloody big for WW, looks like flipping dalsim off street fighter.

anyway, is he that good and will he beat winky??
        He's good, but not as good as his fans make him out to be.

Comment

he isnt that good.

cotto, mosley, clottey all beat him. overrated is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
            he isnt that good.

cotto, mosley, clottey all beat him. overrated is an understatement.
            thought Carlos Quintana was the only loss??

Comment

He's a good fighter but I don't think his skill has anything to do with him being avoided. The main reason he can't get fights is because he's a non draw and brings very little money to the table. Most big time fighters arn't really intrested in fighting a dangerous guy for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                He's a good fighter but I don't think his skill has anything to do with him being avoided. The main reason he can't get fights is because he's a non draw and brings very little money to the table. Most big time fighters arn't really intrested in fighting a dangerous guy for peanuts.
                is this why?? my mates raves about him and reckons he's avoided because he'd whooped any WW!!!

Don;t get me wrong, from what i've watched he does looked good, very akward too. sure i'll come to my own decision after the wimky outcome, but appreciate peoples opinions.

Comment

Remember Bret Hart when he use to call himself "The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be" he had to stop saying that and recind every time he did say it after PW debuted boxing. But he will be top5 p4p undeniably soon for years to come.

Comment

Paul Williams is nasty. He is an extremely tough out for anyone from 147-160. The Quintana loss was a fluke as proven by his first round KO in the rematch- as Roy's loss to Griffin was proven to be bull****. He's beaten Margs fair and square, who is a world class WW with or without bricks in his gloves, crushed the very durable Verno Phillips, and ko'd a serviceable MW in the first round.

He is a 6'1 volume puncher with pop and boxing skills. He fights tall but can bang inside. He's very tall for a WW and tall for a JMW. He needs to fight whoever he can to get his name out there because there are vry few people out there who might be able to beat him. I'd favor him over everyone at WW including Mayflower. At 154 like him at even money or favored over everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X