Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jose Luis Castillo Vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. The biggest robbery of our Generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy win for floyd

you guys have been on the

Comment

what a stupid thread. floyd was injured in the first fight and he beat castillo easily in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        what a stupid thread. floyd was injured in the first fight and he beat castillo easily in the rematch
        Notice how he actually gave Castillo a rematch too, one of the signs of a true champion.

There is another so called 'great' fighter from Wales who wouldn't rematch the two fighters who lost split decisions against him.

He doesnt do rematches apparently.

Comment

It was a close fight that could of gone either way.

No way was it a robbery.

They settled it with a rematch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            I had Floyd winning, it could have gone either way. Move on dude, its 2009

"I had Floyd winning'

that is bannable.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
              Every time I watch that fight ... I get more and more convinced that it is.

I know a lot of the rounds where close but how can you have May Winning that fight and i'm not trying to be biased or hate on Floyd I really have no stake in either fighter but that **** pisses me off to no end...

If you disargee.... which fight do you think was the biggest Robbery of our Generation???

And I know this topic has been run to the ground on this forum but i just watched the fight and wanted to comment ...so deal with it.
              There's two things that people always choose to ignore about this fight; you chose to ignore both of them. You say you're not trying to be biased, but if you weren't biased against Mayweather you wouldn't have ignored two things going his way.

First, Mayweather very clearly won the first four rounds. Second, Castillo was deducted a point in the eighth round for hitting on the break. He'd basically been hitting on the break from the fourth round on. And while that particular time wasn't an awful foul it was about the 4th time he'd done it. Right there Mayweather had a 5 point margin and if you score the eighth his way; which I'd be willing to bet just about every judge did because Mayweather fought well in that round then Mayweather has a 6 point margin with only 7 other rounds to score.

I really don't see how anyone could have expected Castillo to get that decision, especially an experienced judge like Harold Lederman. But the fact is that Castilo won between 4-6 of the last 8 rounds after losing the first 4. One judge gave him 4 and the other two gave him 5. That's really far from highway robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
                "I had Floyd winning'

that is bannable.
                Is it really? Because Floyd won that fight. I bet you didn't even watch it.

Comment

I gave the fight to Castillo 115-113, but I don't think it's a tough call to name it the biggest robbery of this generation.

****, look what happened with Cintron vs Martinez lol. They literally took Martinez's arsehole and inserted a "You're not winning this fight" ****.

But Floyd / Castillo is more likely looked as a controversial decision, but not really a big robbery.

Comment

Not biggest robbery of century, but Floyd was probably a bit fortunate admittedly... though he had an injury and gave Castillo a rematch where he prevailed and won decisively. Definitely not the biggest robbery of the century though.

Floyd won quite a lot of the first 6 rounds, so it is hard to say that it should have been really one sided but agreeably Castillo had the right to feel that he felt short... it was a closer fight than people claim though, both HBO and judges both had it wrong by scoring it so clear for either fighter in my opinion.

Anyway, I agree with you that Floyd was a bit fortunate... Castillo probably felt hard done by but in all fairness he gave Castillo a rematch rightfully and won decisively (I am not making excuses by saying he had an injury in the first fight by the way, its the truth he damaged his left shoulder... hence the reason to changing to southpaw a few times). It wasn't the biggest robbery in the century in my book though.
                    Last edited by Spacey1991; 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
                      Every time I watch that fight ... I get more and more convinced that it is.

I know a lot of the rounds where close but how can you have May Winning that fight and i'm not trying to be biased or hate on Floyd I really have no stake in either fighter but that **** pisses me off to no end...

If you disargee.... which fight do you think was the biggest Robbery of our Generation???

And I know this topic has been run to the ground on this forum but i just watched the fight and wanted to comment ...so deal with it.
                      I think Castillo won that fight but it is not a robbery at all. How can you say that when the fight was so close?

Comment

Working...
                      X