No announcement yet.

Tomasz Adamek Enjoying The View From The Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomasz Adamek Enjoying The View From The Top

By Ryan ******** - When a contender ascends to champion status, he abdicates his role as hunter and becomes the hunted. The champion has what the men beneath him desire, therefore holding all of the cards. [details]

Adamek`s last 2 fights are proof that a mack truck usually beats a Porsche in demolition derby. It'll be interesting to see if Hopkins' oldsmobile has the moves to send the truck to the scrap heap.

Comment

I still don't understand why Bernard is the heavy favourite lol. Is it because people are tired of counting him out and being proven wrong time and time again?....I still a very dangerous fight for Hopkins.

Comment

Adamek is a big strong boy. Not sure how much he'll have down at 185-188lbs. Would love to see hopkins up at cruiser lol

Wouldn't mind seeing maccarinelli/adamek either. I doubt if warren will let big mac anywhere near him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatfarm1980 View Post
          Adamek is a big strong boy. Not sure how much he'll have down at 185-188lbs. Would love to see hopkins up at cruiser lol

Wouldn't mind seeing maccarinelli/adamek either. I doubt if warren will let big mac anywhere near him though.
          Macca wouldn't go far with Adamek. Hopkins is really rolling the dice going up in weight but guys with his style can make those ascents in weight. He doesn't stand right in front of you, goes side to side, hard to hit him with a clean shot. People don't go to his body enough and I think that's where they should be aiming at his old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Danger View Post
            Macca wouldn't go far with Adamek. Hopkins is really rolling the dice going up in weight but guys with his style can make those ascents in weight. He doesn't stand right in front of you, goes side to side, hard to hit him with a clean shot. People don't go to his body enough and I think that's where they should be aiming at his old age.
            I pretty much agree with you but what I fell is overlooked is that Hopkins is running from Chad Dawson. WTF???? I love BHOP but c'mon, fighting a 200lb guy that you can obviously keep away from and box your way to a boring decision. Dawson, on the other hand is fast, can box, and fights in his weight class!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              I pretty much agree with you but what I fell is overlooked is that Hopkins is running from Chad Dawson. WTF???? I love BHOP but c'mon, fighting a 200lb guy that you can obviously keep away from and box your way to a boring decision. Dawson, on the other hand is fast, can box, and fights in his weight class!!!!
              How is he running???? At 44 he can pick and choose whatever he wants and if he finds no motivation in dawson but motivation to go up in weight yet again to fight adamek, what's wrong with that? IMO beating Adamek would be much more rewarding and impressive on bhop's resume. To have owned The Ring belts at middlweght, light heavy and cruiser is quite impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Danger View Post
                They have tried to go to his body, he just doesn't let you hit him there. Calzaghe tried, and missed almost every body shot he threw, Pavlik tried missed all of them, Tito tried the list goes on. It seems harder to hit Hopkins in the ribs then on the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  I asked Steve Cunningham who he thought was the more dangerous fight for Hopkins, he said Chad Dawson by miles.

Comment

I'm glad he's come back from the Dawson loss. I thought even after a move up he might not be the same after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X