Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report Mayweather-Marquez Being Discussed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the sad feeling that Mayweather is thinking that Marquez is a good tune up.

Sad because he is probably right. Marquez will be a 36 year old former featherweight when they fight. And the fight would not happen at 135...

Comment

Marquez will get a big payday and Floyd will be back in the ring, I would pay for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        I have the sad feeling that Mayweather is thinking that Marquez is a good tune up.

Sad because he is probably right. Marquez will be a 36 year old former featherweight when they fight. And the fight would not happen at 135...
        In a way In the back of my mind I feel sort of the same about the Tune up Idea and what you said. But you just never know what might happen in boxing(ring)

Comment

It's all a ploy to piss off Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
            I do agree and respect your opinion it may be a ploy.. or just maybe hopefully it could be somewhat true.

Comment

This fight would probably happen because PBF would use it as a tune up. Yes A TUNE UP. PBF would win then probably face someone else like pacman after. PBF would win by knock out a la Hatton. W a left hook. You guys seen how he kept getting caught w those left hooks vs diaz. I like Marquez but i just dont see him winning. If Pac Man does face Cotto then PBF might grow some balls and face the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
                why would it piss off pacquiao? i dont get it. mayweather is a boring fighter. fans would love to see pacquiao with hatton, mosley or cotto. on top of that mayweather will whoop marquez anyway. there would be nothing to be pissed about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua19355c View Post
                  In a way In the back of my mind I feel sort of the same about the Tune up Idea and what you said. But you just never know what might happen in boxing(ring)
                  On one hand it is sad perspective. On the other hand, Mayweather needs to get sharp and Marquez would probably get his biggest payday.

I also consider the possibility that this is just to call out pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000 Left Fist View Post
                    why would it piss off pacquiao? i dont get it. mayweather is a boring fighter. fans would love to see pacquiao with hatton, mosley or cotto. on top of that mayweather will whoop marquez anyway. there would be nothing to be pissed about.
                    BadBoyPinoy...now how did I know. Freaking ass lol

Comment

People shouldn't get hung up on size, Marquez is not a tune up for anyone that is crazy talk, at 35 years old his chances are limited, people are talking about marquez stepping up in level, but I honestly don't think floyd has faced that caliber of fighter before, maybe oscar.

Not saying floyd won't win but marquez speed and accuracy would definitely bother him. It will be interesting though as I think floyd will be forced to be the aggressor

Comment

Working...
                      X