No announcement yet.

Chris John, Rock Juarez Battle To a Disputed Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    It was a close fight, John most certainly could have won no doubt. I am fine with the draw though.

1,2,9,11,12 are the rounds I thought Jaurez did better in, 4,7,8 were pretty close rounds depending on if you like punches in bunches or harder more quality shots. There is no way you can call it a robbery, imo John possibly won 8 rounds (some were close, or atleast fairly close) to be called any kind of robbery you need to win 9 or 10 rounds clearly

It was a very entertaining fight and look forward to seeing both men fight again.
    A rematch is a MUST.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      A rematch is a MUST.
      I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        When you say come to the states, we're talking Vegas, New York and sometimes Atlantic City.
        That's gotta be the biggest back track on Fat Yankery I've ever read. "All these euro's from China shud cum two da state's... except Florida. And Texas. And California. And...."

Marquez loves complaining about being robbed anyway so he can always fall back on that no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          Thank goodness Marquez got the KO - with these judges, no way could he have got a win if it had gone the distance.
          It was all tied up when the KO happened, but I could see a decision in favor or Diaz if it had gone the distance. I don't know how Rocky pulled out the draw. That's Texas for you.

Comment

Another classic boxing robbery!

Comment

Originally posted by daju_99 View Post
              Another classic boxing robbery!
              But the way the HBO commentators just looked the other way and accepted the decision was disturbing. John got robbed and no one seemed to care.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                john prolly prayed 4 times to allah today instead of 5 so allah said for that you will get a draw. allah is strict. true story.
                Lol, it is to be corrected, John might be prayed more than 5 times a day.
                He is religious Catholic, His real name: Yohanes Christian John, well known as Chris John.

Comment

Chris John got robbed...BIG TIME!!!!

Stupid judges.

Not to mention: John took this fight for less money, on hostile territory and right after recovering from anillness...and he still won. Juarez should be ashamed of himself. He's always falling short of the mark. He just fought the best featherweight there is. He should thank his patrons (judges) for the home-cooked meal.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
                    Im not saying he has a condition, everyones tissue is different some people get cut more or less then others.
                    Have You guys seen the fight between Chris John and Hiroyuki Enoki?
                    CJ got 7 stitch after the match.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Nah......I don't agree. Juarez won the first 2 & John started getting in his zone in round 3 and Juarez definitely started hurting John in the late rounds. Harold Lederman's card was waaaaay off.
                      You are the one who is waaaaaaaaay off. I could have given John 9 rounds. His punches were not haymakers from El Paso but they were short and compact, everytime he hit Juarez you could see it ripple through his entire body. He outboxed him easily. It just goes to show you how uneducated fans are. Juarez looked like an amateur. That was a glorified sparring session. Sure, he did alright in the 11th round and had some moments throughout the fight, but 95% of it was John dominating. His back did not touch the ropes until the 2nd last round. Juarez was a walking ambulance and John looked like he just woke up. BULL**** DECISION.

Comment

Working...
                      X