Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pavlik-Abraham Offer is Made By Sauerland To Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me tell you all something. It is all bull**** posturing.

Sure they want the fight, then negotiations begin and both sides want 10 million each when neither can generate 2 million in revenue.

It will never be a PPV fight, so what network is willing to dig deep into pockets on a fight only hardcare fans in North America will care about?

That fight is dead in the water before they even sit down and talk it out. Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Pavlik - Abraham needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
        From Fight News:

Abraham camp targets Pavlik!

IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham is willing to defend his IBF title against WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik anywhere in the world to prove he is the best in the division, according to his agent Kalle Sauerland. Abraham’s next fight is against Lajuan Simon on March 14. Sauerland told Setanta Sports News that Pavlik was the only fight Abraham wanted. “We’ve been after this fight for a long time and there definitely hasn’t been any offer to come to Germany,” he said. “We put an offer to Top Rank [Pavlik’s promoters] and they seem to be hesitant, but I think in the past 48 hours we’re starting to make roads forward. This match up will show who the best middleweight in the world is. We understand that Kelly’s a big name in the States, but Arthur’s a big name in Germany. All we want is for this fight to happen. We’ll go to his backyard and fight him if necessary.”

C'mon Bob Arum, let this fight happen!
        You know what. I would pick Abraham to stop Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          I would too...

Comment

thats where i would put my money too . . .

Comment

Pavlik-Abraham Offer is Made By Sauerland To Top Rank

Germany’s Arthur Abraham will defend his IBF middleweight title against Kelly Pavlik anywhere in the world to prove he is the best in the division, according to his agent Kalle Sauerland. Abraham’s next fight is against Lajuan Simon on Saturday 14 March. Sauerland told the Steve Bunce Boxing Hour on Setanta Sports News that Pavlik was the only fight Abraham wanted. He said: [details]

Comment

Way to go Arthur!

Pavlik can not overlook this. He has to adress this challenge. Otherwise he'll lose face here.

As Deanrw said this fight is far from a done deal, but if both guys issuses challenges somethings got to give. Both guys essentially has a pistol to the head. This fight must happen sooner rather than later. Otherwise AA is heading to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Way to go Arthur!

Pavlik can not overlook this. He has to adress this challenge. Otherwise he'll lose face here.

As Deanrw said this fight is far from a done deal, but if both guys issuses challenges somethings got to give. Both guys essentially has a pistol to the head. This fight must happen sooner rather than later. Otherwise AA is heading to 168.
                  I wonder how he makes 160 as is.
                  Last edited by street bully; 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: meant to say 60

Comment

I wonder how he makes 168 as is.
                    ????

He has admittedly big troubles making 160.

Comment

its time for Top Rank and Team Pavlik to step up to the plate......we all know the belts don't mean **** today, why? because there's too many! So all this mandatory junk talk is all bull****, low grade bull**** at that!.....Peep game, Chad Dawson has held 2 major LHW titles but yet in still Joe Calzaghe and B-Hop were the last 2 top dogs of the division ....Ricky Hatton doesn't have ANY of the 140 straps(besides the Golden Boy aka Ring Belt) but he's THE MAN at 140......yall get my drift?!?......so knowin' that, Pavlik should say f*** those belts and make it happen......those belts don't make a champion.....not in these days! In the 70's and early 80's even the NABF belt meant something to fighters.....ask Matthew Saad Muhammad......So forget the belts and make this MW shoot out happen......call this fight "Heavy Leather".......I just hope Kelly sees the bigger picture and tell Arum he DEMANDS that he make this fight happen because AA is doin' his part

Comment

Working...
                      X