No announcement yet.

Kessler vs. Larsen canceled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I dont know what to hope for. Bottomline is that I'd like to see Kessler fight the best. Which promotor could make that happen IDK.

Maybe Sauerland IS the best option. In that case we could be looking at Kessler-Abraham this time next year. I doubt any other promotor including GBP can secure big fights for Kessler.

Regarding Lundt getting a promotors license well your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it's just a media stunt. Sometimes it's hard to look through all the BS.
    GBP would probably sign him and it'd be a good move for him considering how much pull they have with HBO even though their roster of fighters at 168 and 175 isn't the best. their relationships with other promoters are generally good so getting fights shouldn't be too much of a problem for him.

Maybe Sauerland is the best option for him if he wants to stay in Europe, a fight with Abraham would probably be huge over there.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post
      It's a well known fact Johnson wanted at 170 he said this. Froch called out Kessler at 168. Dawson offered Kessler a fight at 175 on HBO

All facts
      Palle turned down Dawson. In Kessler's words, he wants them all

http://fightfan.com/2008/12/kessler-...on-on-us-soil/

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Palle turned down Dawson. In Kessler's words, he wants them all

http://fightfan.com/2008/12/kessler-...on-on-us-soil/
        Very weird...............

Comment

Doesn't sound like he's ducking anyone. His promoter is screwing up bad.

Can't even get him Larsen for a lot of money.

Comment

Why weird?

It's a well known fact that Dawson didn't want to fight Kessler at 170 despite him calling out the lighter man.

Comment

OK

Anyways I didn't say Kessler was ducking people. All I said was Kessler was not being ducked or avoided by anyone

Comment

Sauerland hasn't replied to Palle's offers. I think they are speculating in the old mans poor health. Bastards!

Comment

Why weird?

It's a well known fact that Dawson didn't want to fight Kessler at 170 despite him calling out the lighter man.
                  Dawson didn't ask for 168 or 170. He asked for 175 on HBO. Kessler shouldn't have asked for his term since he will be getting paid and getting exposure on HBO

Why 170??? Dawson has to drop 5 pounds while Kessler has to go up 2 pounds only.

Comment

No not really. Since Hopkins done more he could demand anything he wanted.
                    But this begs the question: why agree to it in the first place? Did he have a sudden realization that he was worth more, literally overnight? The cherry on top is he fought Hakkar for less than half (1.25 million) of what he was offered to fight JC (3 million). Yeah, I know Hakkar was a mandatory but surely adjustments can be made, just like Dawson "made adjustments" to fight the Tarver instead of Diaconu?

The fact is, JC wasn't a particularly big name, he was a just a big risk. On the other hand, who the hell is Morade Hakkar?

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
                    Put it this way, if the situation was reversed and Joe accepted a bid then turned his back, people would be shout DUCK from the rooftops.
                    You bet your ass that's how it'd be.

Double standards.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
                    Last edited by S A M U R A I; 02-22-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Sauerland hasn't replied to Palle's offers. I think they are speculating in the old mans poor health. Bastards!

Ha, waiting for a crook to die is bad business. They tried that with Mao and Stalin and all the rest and those dudes lived forever.

Palle will be 99 promotin away. waiting for the next Brian Nielsen or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X