Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kesslers prime is being wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Is Kessler leaving Palle? I read that the Larsen fight would have been his last under Palle. He should leave Palle and sign with another promoter if he wasn't going to already, I'm sure one of the major US or UK promoters would be willing to sign him.
      Palle has 3 more fights with Kessler according to options he got in the contract when Mikkel fought Haussler. The contract expires in feb. 2010.

Sauerland is said to have a verbal agreement with Kessler as his future promotor. I dont know if thats a change for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Palle has 3 more fights with Kessler according to options he got in the contract when Mikkel fought Haussler. The contract expires in feb. 2010.

Sauerland is said to have a verbal agreement with Kessler as his future promotor. I dont know if thats a change for better or worse.
        WBA super middleweight champ Mikkel Kessler came back from his vacation in Thailand last week, and signed, according to Danish media, the proposed contract from Team Palle for a fight against Mads Larsen. However, with the contract came a side-contract with demands such as - The fight against Larsen would be his last for Team Palle where manager Bettina Palle has a contract for another year and Mogens Palle has an option for a three voluntary defences.
        http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18235

I guess he was going to leave Palle if the Larsen fight had come off, wonder if that side-contract will be in place when he signs on for his mandatory defense.

Any deal is better than the Palle deal it seems, I don't like it when relatives work as both promoter and manager, there's always some shady business going on there when that happens.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18235

I guess he was going to leave Palle if the Larsen fight had come off, wonder if that side-contract will be in place when he signs on for his mandatory defense.

Any deal is better than the Palle deal it seems, I don't like it when relatives work as both promoter and manager, there's always some shady business going on there when that happens.
          The side contract was never agreed upon. The way I see it Palle has the long end of the stick.

It might be that Kessler got screwed when he (unknowingly) approved of Palle's options, but a contract is a contract IMO and most be honored. Perhaps Kessler now has learned that you'd better read before signing anything. He isn't the first fighter getting tricked by his manager/promotor and he wont be the last.

Some bonusinfo: Kessler's best friend has applied for a promotors license here in Denmark. The application is under review by the danish pro. boxing federation. Problem for his friend (former pro Simon Lundt) is that he has to have an unblemished reputation. Lundt has served 2 terms for major drug trafficking.

It looks like Kessler has a questionable way of choosing his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post
            Kessler avioded??

Johnson offered a him fight at 170
            Froch wanted him ay 168
            Dawson wanted him at 175

Oh pleaseeeeeee

Paul Williams is the most avoided fighter in boxing today

Froch said another year and Dawson has never mentioned Kessler.

Johnson will fight anyone.

Kessler is most avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              The side contract was never agreed upon. The way I see it Palle has the long end of the stick.

It might be that Kessler got screwed when he (unknowingly) approved of Palle's options, but a contract is a contract IMO and most be honored. Perhaps Kessler now has learned that you'd better read before signing anything. He isn't the first fighter getting tricked by his manager/promotor and he wont be the last.

Some bonusinfo: Kessler's best friend has applied for a promotors license here in Denmark. The application is under review by the danish pro. boxing federation. Problem for his friend (former pro Simon Lundt) is that he has to have an unblemished reputation. Lundt has served 2 terms for major drug trafficking.

It looks like Kessler has a questionable way of choosing his friends.
              I see, that's a shame. So he has to deal with Palle for another year, not good for him, Palle seems to be throwing Kessler's career away honestly, sooner or later he's going to lose his stature as the best 168 pounder out there if he keeps fighting the opposition he's been fighting since the Calzaghe fight.

Interesting, do you think his friend can get that promoter's license? Either way though, he'll be stuck with Palle for another year.

Comment

I see, that's a shame. So he has to deal with Palle for another year, not good for him, Palle seems to be throwing Kessler's career away honestly, sooner or later he's going to lose his stature as the best 168 pounder out there if he keeps fighting the opposition he's been fighting since the Calzaghe fight.

Interesting, do you think his friend can get that promoter's license? Either way though, he'll be stuck with Palle for another year.
                I dont know what to hope for. Bottomline is that I'd like to see Kessler fight the best. Which promotor could make that happen IDK.

Maybe Sauerland IS the best option. In that case we could be looking at Kessler-Abraham this time next year. I doubt any other promotor including GBP can secure big fights for Kessler.

Regarding Lundt getting a promotors license well your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it's just a media stunt. Sometimes it's hard to look through all the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
                  Froch said another year and Dawson has never mentioned Kessler.

Johnson will fight anyone.

Kessler is most avoided.
                  You know Dawson did offer Kessler a fight at 175 on HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post
                    Kessler avioded??

Johnson offered a him fight at 170
                    Froch wanted him ay 168
                    Dawson wanted him at 175

Oh pleaseeeeeee

Paul Williams is the most avoided fighter in boxing today
                    i realllyyyy doubt that ....

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                      i realllyyyy doubt that ....
                      It's a well known fact Johnson wanted at 170 he said this. Froch called out Kessler at 168. Dawson offered Kessler a fight at 175 on HBO

All facts

Comment

Working...
                      X