Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    No it is not over when the 10 count ends, it is over when the ref says it is over. If a fighter stands at 9 then stumbles while the gloves are getting wiped off and the fight is stopped. It is the refs call if a fighter can continue or not, or in this situation that he actually got up, it is all judgement and grey not black and white because I THINK THAT CINTRON BEAT THE COUNT. Now the ref has one look at things, once chance to decide, and there was all kind of comotion after that, so like I said to say with clarity that the fight should have ended is asanine at best. The ref said he did not end the fight and I take his word on that.

Since you can read the ref's mind and intentions you obviously know more then I do about the situation, good luck with proving it.
    Why do we bother with the 10 count system then? Why not just let the referee decide everything, if a fighter takes a knee to take a rest, don't give him a count, force him to get up and fight, if a referee sees a foul and deems it unimportant, let him let it go.

In fact, why bother with rules in this sport at all? Let the referee let things go as he likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Why do we bother with the 10 count system then? Why not just let the referee decide everything, if a fighter takes a knee to take a rest, don't give him a count, force him to get up and fight, if a referee sees a foul and deems it unimportant, let him let it go.

Ref like never count to 10 anymore, I can not remember the last time I saw some guy get counted out all the way to ten they wave it off a 4,5,6,7,8,9 if they think a fight is not going to get up. Is that not a judgement? Ref make judgments all the time. Most humans are not capable of being totally black and white there is always grey area, that comes with being human. I guess you want robots to ref fights.

I watched the in HD a 3rd time and I never heard it is over or the ref mouth make such a motion, or make the hand motion that the fight is over, I did hear him say that wasn't a head butt though.

Comment

That wasn't the ref that said that, but I don't need to hear that to know that the ref was declaring the fight over.

Comment

Don King was involved.. and Y'all are acting surprised..

Comment

I will accept your appology at anytime for making me watch this ****ty fight for a 3rd time. I am very sure that the fight should not have ended at end of round 7. It is unclear what happeaned exactly, but I did not see the ref end the fight in any way.

Comment

Ref like never count to 10 anymore, I can not remember the last time I saw some guy get counted out all the way to ten they wave it off a 4,5,6,7,8,9 if they think a fight is not going to get up. Is that not a judgement? Ref make judgments all the time. Most humans are not capable of being totally black and white there is always grey area, that comes with being human. I guess you want robots to ref fights.

I watched the in HD a 3rd time and I never heard it is over or the ref mouth make such a motion, or make the hand motion that the fight is over, I did hear him say that wasn't a head butt though.
              The referee made the right judgment at first where he gave Cintron a count which means he had to get up before the count of 10, once the referee reaches 10, it's over, that's the rules. Cintron didn't get up before 10, not because something was keeping him down, he just didn't get up. He had at least 4 or 5 seconds to realize the referee was giving him a count.

Anyways, I don't seem to be getting through to you. I don't want referees to become robots but I don't want them breaking the rules because they had a change of heart, it's the fighter's fault if he doesn't get up before the count of 10 and they should pay for that, Cintron deserved no benefit of the doubt.

As I said, it doesn't seem like I'm getting through to you.

Comment

Whatever the wrongs and wrongs of the decision,I think its fairly obvious that cintron is severely lacking in the heart department

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  The referee made the right judgment at first where he gave Cintron a count which means he had to get up before the count of 10, once the referee reaches 10, it's over, that's the rules. Cintron didn't get up before 10, not because something was keeping him down, he just didn't get up. He had at least 4 or 5 seconds to realize the referee was giving him a count.

Anyways, I don't seem to be getting through to you. I don't want referees to become robots but I don't want them breaking the rules because they had a change of heart, it's the fighter's fault if he doesn't get up before the count of 10 and they should pay for that, Cintron deserved no benefit of the doubt.

As I said, it doesn't seem like I'm getting through to you.
                  I already said I do not think the ref broke the rules? How hard is that to understand?

The ref did not stop the fight, straight up point blank so any arguement from you is meaningless because to me the ref NEVER STOPPED THE FIGHT, so there was no rule breaking just confusion.

In the end because I felt the ref DID NOT STOP THE FIGHT, he made the right call.

Comment

I already said I do not think the ref broke the rules? How hard is that to understand?

The ref did not stop the fight, straight up point blank so any arguement from you is meaningless because to me the ref NEVER STOPPED THE FIGHT, so there was no rule breaking just confusion.

In the end because I felt the ref DID NOT STOP THE FIGHT, he made the right call.
                    Listen, I'm through with this. I don't want to keep going in circles. Just ask yourself these questions. Is the 10 count a rule in boxing? Do the rules say that if a fighter cannot or has not gotten up by the count of 10, the fight is over? If your answer is no to either of these questions, then I don't see the point of discussing this with you.

Comment

That was the worst ref since Joe Cortez in the Soto-Lorenzo fight.

- He failed to see a punch caused Cintron's cut, claimed it was from a head butt.

- He counted Cintron out, stopped the fight, then changed his mind, because the little ***** Cintron cried it was a head butt! The replay showed it was from a punch.

- He deducted a point from Martinez FOR NOTHING in the last round and cost him the fight.

It was a ****ing robbery - an absolute disgrace to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X