Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Week in Boxing: Calzaghe, Margarito, Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a nice article that, up front about the personal stand point, making that clear as opposed to just seeming biased.

A fan of a boxer whom has just done wrong - and criticising him as much if not more than most whom even aren't fans of said person.

Not a fan of a boxer whom has retired, but has acknowledged his achievements somewhat at least, and made tribute.

Very good to see.

Comment

this "writer" sounds like somebody who's never laced em' up...paging dan rafael!!!

Comment

...and who is this "we" crap?

Comment

I cannot agree that Margs use of wraps is worse than mosley's or any other fighters steroid use.Imagine if a fighter died a day after the fight and it came out that his opponent had tested positive for steroids.This isnt f.ucking athletics! Cheating can literally mean life or death in boxing,so whether its loaded gloves or loaded blood the result should always be a lifetime ban IMO.If you want cheating to stop then put in place a clear sanction that everybody understands.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Margarito: should be banned for life. Any fighter guilty of illegally wrapping should be done and made an example out of. Cotto could have been killed if in fact he used it then. In which I believe he did.

Calzaghe: I agree, but I give him credit. He made 21 defenses while staying undefeated. He is good nothing great. The end.

Mayorga: He should retire. He was a garbage fighter anyway. I was hoping he would have taken the fight got KO'ed and then retired.
            I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
              I cannot agree that Margs use of wraps is worse than mosley's or any other fighters steroid use.Imagine if a fighter died a day after the fight and it came out that his opponent had tested positive for steroids.This isnt f.ucking athletics! Cheating can literally mean life or death in boxing,so whether its loaded gloves or loaded blood the result should always be a lifetime ban IMO.If you want cheating to stop then put in place a clear sanction that everybody understands.
              the punishment has to fit the crime

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                the punishment has to fit the crime
                I couldnt agree more

Comment

I agree with you completely. Where were the other corners in Margaritos other fights and they did not notice anything wrong. Also, why ban Margarito when he did not even get to use the handwraps. If they thought it was wrong, they would have tried to hide the fact. The ban is total bull...t. I consider the use of steroids which Mosely actually consumed and used against Dela Hoya a worse offense. I consider the ban totally racial.

Comment

Working...
                  X