No announcement yet.

Margarito's Mexico Return is Being Planning By Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promoters shouldnt be allowed to promote banned boxers outside US

Promoters shouldnt be allowed to promote banned boxers outside US. Margarito committed aggravated assault with a lethal weapon. It should be against US boxing rules to promote a fighter banned in the US in another country.

Originally posted by PUERTORICANBEN View Post
    Man if people are still in doubt then there just plain ******. He got caught red handed, i dont wanna hear that he didnt know because im sure he knows the rules of a sport hes been in since he was 15! Hes suppose to claim ignorance, hes suppose to play the dumb role, same went for barry bonds, the patriots, a-rod, and anyone else who gets caught. Maybe theres no eveidence he knew, its not like he was gonna write on a peice of paper that he new so what evidence....i know when he came to fight he looked horrible, i know he didnt hit mosely with anything big, and i see why tony loves throwing that uppercut so much now that we know what he had in his knuckles. For those downplaying it , hope it makes you feel better because it doesnt change the fact that margarito cheated.......if you wanna believe this was the only time, fine, but when miguel tears him a new ******* what excuse you gonna give, margarito is all done, thats why he didnt fight paul williams again, paul survived the wraps lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      With Antonio Margarito's recent one-year suspension in California, and the likelihood of other states following their lead, Top Rank's Bob Arum is working on a plan to work around the ruling. During a Tuesday hearing before the California State Athletic Commission, Margarito and his trainer received one-year suspensions over an illegal substance that was found in Margarito's hand wraps prior to the January 24 bout with Shane Mosley. [details]
      So now Arum is judge and jury and knows better then the committee empowered by the representatives of the people. What a douche. Go on and defend your fighter....or should I say your asshat. Margarito should never be allowed in a ring again and his trainer as well. This is not a game to mess with. You are missing with peoples lives you ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlisle View Post
        Promoters shouldnt be allowed to promote banned boxers outside US. Margarito committed aggravated assault with a lethal weapon. It should be against US boxing rules to promote a fighter banned in the US in another country.
        They can't prove past history w/ the substance on his glove. For that reason, he could never be charged with assault or anything of that nature. You can't even charge attempted with what happened. Nothing Margarito or his trainer did could legitimately land them in any meaningful court of law.

I agree w/ your first statement though. It's an insult to the boxing commissions to be ignored in such a way. They should threaten to close their doors to a promoter's fighters if they attempt to promote a banned fighter elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
          I agree w/ your first statement though. It's an insult to the boxing commissions to be ignored in such a way. They should threaten to close their doors to a promoter's fighters if they attempt to promote a banned fighter elsewhere.
          See these articles:
          http://www.maxboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya021109.asp

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...arito-trainer/

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/326/marga...second_battle/

It's nowhere near as cut and dried as everyone seems to think. I really urge everyone to read those articles from start to finish.

Comment

^^^ biased articles

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
              See these articles:
              http://www.maxboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya021109.asp

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...arito-trainer/

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/326/marga...second_battle/

It's nowhere near as cut and dried as everyone seems to think. I really urge everyone to read those articles from start to finish.
              The manner in which he cheated has no bearing on my post whatsoever. Whether it was a hardening substance, just slightly more padding, or anything more or in between is irrelevant. A commission handed down a ruling with nothing to be gained from kicking out a popular fighter for a year. Assuming other states all follow suit (as they will/should) and he goes elsewhere to fight, it's effectively telling the commission to **** off. They simply shouldn't have to take that.

Comment

when you read somthing like:

Though charges of plaster of Paris were being tossed around the country on Internet sites and blog spots, what it came down to was the simple fact that two knuckle pads inserted in the hand wraps were moistened.

That’s it.

u know .. thats a biased article.

Comment

Originally posted by poontango View Post
                  Well said Bob Arum. This was a kangaroo court if I ever saw one. A political decision to make an example of Tony and try to portray themselves as strict enforcers of the sports rules.
                  Its a fraud. Where are they in regulating all the corrupt sanctioning organizations and lack of uniformity in the sport in general. Boxing fans keep complaining that this is a black eye for boxing. Yeah, well join the long list. Boxing is a sport full of black eyes.
                  IF it is found or proven that Margarito is guilty of something then he should be punished accordingly.
                  Until then, all of you intellectually bankrupt idiots out there should keep your pathetic opinions to yourselves.
                  Its obvious you either dont like Margarito to begin with because he beat the **** out of your fighter, or in Mayweather fans case you are relieved that Mayweather will now almost certainly escape the asswoopin he had coming.
                  The rest of you mother****ers are just racist opportunists too wrapped up in your hatred of Mexicans to control yourselves.
                  Suck it *******s.
                  Dude, he was CAUGHT, what else would you want them to do? So if every other fighter was caught packing his wraps with an illegal substance they should just be told "Please, don't do it again"? smh...

It's got nothing to do with race, the man was caught and they couldn't justify their reasoning but only with "Ummm that's how he we've always wrapped our hands" and Capetillo went as far as to try and make it seem like it was all his fault and not Margarito's (maybe so he'd continue getting a cut from Marg's purses???)

Face it dude, everyone in the Boxing world is looking down at Margarito and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                    The manner in which he cheated has no bearing on my post whatsoever. Whether it was a hardening substance, just slightly more padding, or anything more or in between is irrelevant. A commission handed down a ruling with nothing to be gained from kicking out a popular fighter for a year. Assuming other states all follow suit (as they will/should) and he goes elsewhere to fight, it's effectively telling the commission to **** off. They simply shouldn't have to take that.
                    Yes, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
                      when you read somthing like:

Though charges of plaster of Paris were being tossed around the country on Internet sites and blog spots, what it came down to was the simple fact that two knuckle pads inserted in the hand wraps were moistened.

That’s it.

u know .. thats a biased article.
                      It's just a statement of fact. That's all the trainer was actually found guilty of. You can't just dismiss The Ring, Maxboxing, and TheSweetScience as all being biased, unless you're biased yourself. All three articles say the same thing, and they are all very reputable sites.

Comment

Working...
                      X