No announcement yet.

The California Agenda: A Look Inside Margarito-Gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Box Flowers View Post
    at the end they were both trying to inflict more damage by the way they wrapped their gloves. They just used different methods.
    Trinidad's wraps being bulkier is a theory that it hardens his punches. There was never talk of Trinidad's wraps being rock hard or having a plaster like material. Trinidad's wraps had legal material, just more than was legally allowed.

Comment

that example that you quoted was an example of people trying to get advantages over someone. It happens all the time.
      Yeah, its does. Thats why fighters cut weight, argue over gloves, hometown etc. It is not the same thing as loading your gloves, bro, you and I both know it isnt even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
        Cotto has not been KD. He got rocked a Couple of times, but he hasnt been KD. And no, he didnt against torres, that was a push down.
        He took flush shots from Judah,Mosley and Margarito and didnt went down from them.

This thing of Cotto beaing Chinny is a bit overblown. His chin is not as bad as people makes it to be!!!!!!!!!!
        no it's not but it's not great either. and lets keep in mind he didn't go down on several occasions because he held on. No way cotto's chin would handle loaded gloves, just NO WAY! Margarito hits hard as it is.

Comment

at the end they were both trying to inflict more damage by the way they wrapped their gloves. They just used different methods.
          I get your point, but it isnt this simple. Most experts on the matter would concede Trinidad never really cheated. People will argue over how wraps are done, even Freddie Roach did it to Oscar before the Pac fight. He admitted it was just to **** with them.
          I see your just trying to win an argument, but again we both know it isnt the same thing, and it isnt close. If Margarito did in fact have his gloves loaded that is a disgrace to him, his team, and a black mark on the sport.

Comment

no it's not but it's not great either. and lets keep in mind he didn't go down on several occasions because he held on. No way cotto's chin would handle loaded gloves, just NO WAY! Margarito hits hard as it is.
            We can argue about Cotto and his chin all day. IMHO it is clear as day when he moved up to WW his chin improved dramatically. He always had balls and recovery, on top of that.
            Any way you slice it, it wont change what happened, and we dont know if Margarito had loaded gloves or not. You cant argue he didnt based on "Cotto couldnt have taken it", thats just far too subjective.

Comment

He held on??? Did you watch those fights? he didnt held on, in those fights, when he was, he was hurt in?

After the 5th round when those things got hard, the fight change dramatically in favor of Margo. Cotto was dominating and taking Margos shots very well, and all of the sudden, he was in defensive mode and looking like a train rolled over him.And he didnt handle the plaster He got KOd, remember??????

Where was Margos power in the Mosley fight?????

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                He held on??? Did you watch those fights? he didnt held on, in those fights, when he was, he was hurt in?

After the 5th round when those things got hard, the fight change dramatically in favor of Margo. Cotto was dominating and taking Margos shots very well, and all of the sudden, he was in defensive mode and looking like a train rolled over him.And he didnt handle the plaster He got KOd, remember??????

Where was Margos power in the Mosley fight?????
                did you watch the torres fight? did you watch chop chop fight? as soon as judah landed that first upercut cotto's knees buckled and he grabbed judah. Margarito landed a shot at towards the end of round 10 and cotto damn near falls on margarito's chest and he holds on. Are you sure you watched his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                  We can argue about Cotto and his chin all day. IMHO it is clear as day when he moved up to WW his chin improved dramatically. He always had balls and recovery, on top of that.
                  Any way you slice it, it wont change what happened, and we dont know if Margarito had loaded gloves or not. You cant argue he didnt based on "Cotto couldnt have taken it", thats just far too subjective.
                  It's a pointless subject to argue about. There's no way to prove he did or didn't.

Comment

so i ask again who did margarito assault with a deadly weapon?
                    nobody...

shane - " wtf ? my nut hairs grow faster than your swing marg !"

Comment

Why would Margarito want to cheat if he was the betting favorite, as well as a warm up fight for the Cotto rematch?

He must've done this in his prior fights.. It could be.

Comment

Working...
                      X