Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saloth Sar View Post
    Ok man.
    Thanks for your information.
    But to respectively disagree, I dont count International and Regional titles as real titles when it comes down to legacy.

Pacquaio is my 2nd Favorite fighter behind Dawson.
    So dont take Questions as hate. just check my post history to see how highly I think of Pacquaio.

But IMO, Pacquaio is not a better ATG than Mayweather.
    That's my opinion. Say what you like about Floyd.
    but he is probably the greatest 130 pounder that ever lived.
    Based on his body of work, and how accomplish it.
    In what division can we say that about my boy Pacquaio ?
    You guys have too remember floyd has had 31 out of his 39 fights at 135 and under..thats 80% of his career. I think people forget that sometimes .
    Actually Floyd misses some big names at 130-135. Where's Casa & Freitas there?

Pac takes all the percieved Big names wherever weight class he's in. Beating DLH much more impressive also erases whatever Bragging Rights that PBF has. It actually makes Floyd look Bad. Also by Just Making a Statement that Pac wants Margarito(Before Mosley Koed him) also makes Floyd look Bad. Now Roach named Mosley as the Next Opponent for Pac after Hatton. It will really make look Floyd resume as Chickenly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
      Actually Floyd misses some big names at 130-135. Where's Casa & Freitas there?

Pac takes all the percieved Big names wherever weight class he's in. Beating DLH much more impressive also erases whatever Bragging Rights that PBF has. It actually makes Floyd look Bad. Also by Just Making a Statement that Pac wants Margarito(Before Mosley Koed him) also makes Floyd look Bad. Now Roach named Mosley as the Next Opponent for Pac after Hatton. It will really make look Floyd resume as Chickenly bad.
      Ok Lol

Comment

floyd jr struggled a bit against jesus chavez... this the same fighter whom erik morales dominated at 130... ok, floyd has diego and jose luis in his resume... sure, diego corrales and jose luis castillo are excellent fighters but are they on the same level with barrera and morales whom pacquiao beat by KO in terms of HOF credentials? perhaps... but not as unanimous as the baby faced assassin and el terrible... carlos hernandez, zab judah, demarcus corley, arturo gatti and carlos baldomir are also good but so are juan manuel marquez, lehlo ledwaba, david diaz and chachai sasakul... then you have floyd getting a decision win against the golden boy whom pacquiao dismantled in 8 lopsided rounds last december...

next up is the hitman for pacquiao. this is ricky hatton who ate a sweet check left hook from floyd jr that gave the pretty boy his last victory before his retirement... how will pacquiao fare against ricky? i dont know, but i think it will be a FOTY candidate... and it will reveal a great deal who will have the higher standing between the two subjects...

in and around his weight class pacquiao has fought and beaten the significant names except maybe soto, guzman, campbell and baloyi... on the other hand floyd has yet to face margarito, clottey, cotto, williams and mosley... between those names who do you think has a lot more to prove? manny pacquiao in my summation has better wins against higher quality opponents but then again floyd is not far behind and is still UNDEFEATED... its really hard to say who has the higher standing at this point but come May 02, a lot will be revealed...

Comment

Pacquiao has been knocked out by a stick figure. He is not even in Mayweather's league. The fact Pacquiao is in the lead in the poll suggests that boxingscene is full of people who do not understand boxing. I do not care about either one. I just like technical skill and greatness. Mayweather>Pacquiao all day, every day, 25/8

Comment

Mayweather is the better fighter, but Pacquiao probably has the slightly better resume at this point.

Comment

For me a big factor is the way in which they choose to fight.

Pac goes after the fight. He chooses to engage and go for the KO.

Floyd boxes beautifully, but he is a pot shotter, and point winner.

Pac coming up from flyweight is incredible, and the way he has maintained his power, and speed, and improved with his movement is great.
              He was the underdog against Oscar and look what he did.
              He epitomises what it means to be a GREAT fighter.

Saying that, he was outboxed twice by JMM. And of course has been beaten.

Very difficult to choose between Floyd and Pac because of a persons definition of ATG.

Comment

picked manny accidentally . . . as of now pbf but i can change my mind w/ more pac wins.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                  Pacquiao has been knocked out by a stick figure. He is not even in Mayweather's league. The fact Pacquiao is in the lead in the poll suggests that boxingscene is full of people who do not understand boxing. I do not care about either one. I just like technical skill and greatness. Mayweather>Pacquiao all day, every day, 25/8

pacquiao weighed 106 and was 16 yrs old and that was a wayyyy diff pac from pac now r u kidding me???? hopkins and other greats have losses early in their careers does that erase their status and accomplishments now?? hell nooo, im guessing u love mayweather and calzaghe , 2 fighters who ducked all the elite in their divisions lol

Comment

I remember someone made a thread like this before.
                    And Pac smoked Floyd in the poll.
                    It wasn't even close. lol

Comment

Pacquiao because he has consistently gone after the big fights

Comment

Working...
                      X