Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There More To The Story Behind Nolasco’s No-Show?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is There More To The Story Behind Nolasco’s No-Show?

    Upon the completion of his aborted tune-up fight last Saturday, the word out of Mexico over the weekend was whether or not the legendary Marco Antonio Barrera would be able to go through with a March 14 showdown with Amir Khan. [details]

  • #2
    What's will all this controversy lately? It would be horrible if it were true, first Margarito's wraps now this, hopefully it isn't true.

    And I think you mean Bautista's knockout loss to Daniel Ponce De Leon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tell that flaker. Next time he should show up or shut up!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Upon the completion of his aborted tune-up fight last Saturday, the word out of Mexico over the weekend was whether or not the legendary Marco Antonio Barrera would be able to go through with a March 14 showdown with Amir Khan. [details]
        Whats up with this controversy now. I hope this isnt true!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Upon the completion of his aborted tune-up fight last Saturday, the word out of Mexico over the weekend was whether or not the legendary Marco Antonio Barrera would be able to go through with a March 14 showdown with Amir Khan. [details]
          What is going on with this???????????

          Comment


          • #6
            "For the moment, few seem to believe the story, one that for separate reasons conjures memories of Rey Bautista’s insistence that he was told to throw his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez late last year in Las Vegas. The difference there was that Bautista was on his own, with not even his fight agent Samson Lewkowicz believing the tale to be true. It was eventually revealed that the fighter made up the story, rather than admitting that he flat out put up zero effort in his opening round knockout loss."

            WHAT THE F*UCK IS THIS? It was MEDINA (who lost to Bautista) who was told to dive in his fight with JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ and not JM Marquez. Maybe the writer is just too excited to write this article.

            Anyway, why would MAB need a fixed fight when he is beating a patsy like Nolasco? Well, maybe to avoid a major injury who knows? But MAB got more what he asked for hahahaha...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Robenson View Post
              "For the moment, few seem to believe the story, one that for separate reasons conjures memories of Rey Bautista’s insistence that he was told to throw his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez late last year in Las Vegas. The difference there was that Bautista was on his own, with not even his fight agent Samson Lewkowicz believing the tale to be true. It was eventually revealed that the fighter made up the story, rather than admitting that he flat out put up zero effort in his opening round knockout loss."

              WHAT THE F*UCK IS THIS? It was MEDINA (who lost to Bautista) who was told to dive in his fight with JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ and not JM Marquez. Maybe the writer is just too excited to write this article.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said. This article passed through more than 1 writer and at least 1 editor and y'all couldn't catch that.

              Comment


              • #8
                See, I don’t buy it, why would Barrera’ team have to fix a tune-up fight? It makes no sense, the original opponent was 17-4-4 with 8 kos, there was no need to fix the fight.
                Last edited by dr.archives; 02-05-2009, 07:37 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  What's will all this controversy lately? It would be horrible if it were true, first Margarito's wraps now this, hopefully it isn't true.

                  And I think you mean Bautista's knockout loss to Daniel Ponce De Leon.
                  No, I actually meant Sergio Medina. For some reason, I always manage to mix him up with Boom Boom Bautista and vice versa.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Robenson View Post
                    WHAT THE F*UCK IS THIS? It was MEDINA (who lost to Bautista) who was told to dive in his fight with JUAN MANUEL LOPEZ and not JM Marquez. Maybe the writer is just too excited to write this article.

                    Anyway, why would MAB need a fixed fight when he is beating a patsy like Nolasco? Well, maybe to avoid a major injury who knows? But MAB got more what he asked for hahahaha...
                    The Medina part I just explained in my earlier post (though fittingly enough associated with the example you gave). I have absolutely no excuse for typing Marquez' name in there, other than that perhaps I'm way past my prime, (both parts have since been corrected)

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP