Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
    you just threw in the white towel, m8

you've failed your nation
    I love Calzaghe, I'd probably bum him with my girlfriend watching.

But, I'm tired of him man, lol. So damn tired.

Comment

That doesn't change the general consensus
      the general consensus on here was 50/50 as near as makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        I love Calzaghe, I'd probably bum him with my girlfriend watching.

But, I'm tired of him man, lol. So damn tired.
        you sound exhausted

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
          So?

Oddsmakers had Jones a HUGE underdog for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
            I agree that if Calzaghe fights again it really has to be Dawson.
            either fight dawson or retire and go away

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              So?

Oddsmakers had Jones a HUGE underdog for a reason.
              If I want to talk about betting consensus i'll go and post on Labrokes.com.

Comment

it definitely wasnt 50/50... and that negates the fact that roy was still undeserving of a fight with joe... and thats the whole point... because a few posters think roy could of won the fight, has absolutely nothing to do with Joe actually choosing to fight Roy as if he is a prime version of himself.

He did it for money, and nothing else... don't ever mention increasing Joe's legacy by beating Roy.

Comment

You may not be trying to justify this fight by going by the forum members on this site but just in case, check this thread out....

Okay, I'm getting tired of seeing this because it indicates that the majority of people on this site seem to have failed basic logic, debating and structure of argument in your schoolwork.

Example 1:

Ricky Hatton vs. JLC

Tons of people on this site hated Ricky Hatton. They want to see Ricky Hatton lose, for whatever reason. Could be because he's British, could be because his style sucks for them, could be because they don't like his spamming fanbase, could be cause they don't give him enough credit...whatever.

A fight prediction thread is made. The majority picks Castillo by beatdown. This despite the fact that Castillo failed to make weight HOW MANY times and struggled against some journeyman assclown before the Hatton fight. Anyone with a clue who saw that fight should and would have said that yes, Castillo was shot, in fact very shot (couldn't have been the first Corrales vs. Castillo fight that did it, could it?)

Fight occurs, Castillo shows up with the look of man who is beyond shot and done. He does not want to be there and quits at the first sign of adversity, something he's never done before.

Hatton wins.

Here's what you can say about this:

Hatton's detractors need to re-examine what they think about him. If they were that obtuse about his skills before maybe they are biased about him and will never give him enough credit. Above all they should admit they were wrong and man up about the incorrect prediction.

What you can NOT say about this (the point of this thread):

Oh well because a ton of ******s said Hatton would lose, JL Castillo was not shot and was still a good fighter.

Listen up ******s: just because the majority opinion says something DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE. It just means the majority is ******ed, ignorant or biased.

This is like saying well "the majority of people after 9/11 wanted to go to war in Iraq because they were told there were WMD. So therefore there WERE WMD in Iraq".

Do you idiots even begin to realize how bad this type of logic is? I mean seriously. Think about that last statement I just wrote and just stop. Stop being fanboys and try to analyze thing a bit more objectively.

End rant.

Comment

If I want to talk about betting consensus i'll go and post on Labrokes.com.

The Jones fight was for money, not legacy. Everyone knows this. And Jones was a 3-1 underdog for a reason. Just because he was not a huge underdog as was the betting consensus here doesn't change that.

Comment

Dawson is too high risk/low reward for Calzaghe to take on at this stage of his career. Calzaghe isn't going to put his undefeated status at risk when he's close to retiring.

Shame really, because i think he would beat Dawson but that's the reason why he probably won't fight Dawson IMO. He wants to walk away with that '0'.

Comment

Working...
                      X