Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between MMA and BOXING was soooo EVIDENT tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arlovski was dominating the fight easily w/ boxing skills he learned from roach until he decided to throw that knee and got ktfo

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
      Come on man....its a fact getting hit with 4oz gloves has less of a cushing effect for KO than with boxing gloves. Yes your right boxing gloxes cause a wider area of damage and is indeed more dangerous for brain damage than MMA gloves becuase its more like getting hit with a sandbag over and over. MMA gloves you don't get that....its lights out much easier.

Ignoring what? I agree the striking with the hands of many MMA fighters needs to be much improved. Buts its not just boxing ...is it ,,,..Its called MMA.... boxing is just one part of the equation.
      Guy, boxing gloves weigh more and have a wider area of impact.

They cause more damage point blank.

Its only lights out much easier because they can't take punches. They don't train to take punches like that because they concentrate on their other forms of fighting, whereas a boxer trains to be able to take hits to the head.

Yes, I understand what MMA is, but it doesn't negate the fact that they are simply horrible at the boxing aspect of it.

Comment

Boxing is superior

The UFC is about the UFC promotion. Boxing is about the fighters. People come to see the boxers, the UFC the fans come to see a show.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
          Guy, boxing gloves weigh more and have a wider area of impact.

They cause more damage point blank.

Its only lights out much easier because they can't take punches. They don't train to take punches like that because they concentrate on their other forms of fighting, whereas a boxer trains to be able to take hits to the head.
          Yeah I understand that boxers train to get hit. Then again tell me which boxers could take that blow Arlovski took.

Yes, I understand what MMA is, but it doesn't negate the fact that they are simply horrible at the boxing aspect of it.
          Thanks for pointing that out, Its an original thought on a boxing forum that MMA fighters have bad boxing.

Comment

Yeah I understand that boxers train to get hit. Then again tell me which boxers could take that blow Arlovski took.

Thanks for pointing that out, Its an original thought on a boxing forum that MMA fighters have bad boxing.

Translation=

"damn, hes right".

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Seriously the world is dumber because of this post!!! I'm watching the video right now and Fedor was looking Andre right in the eyes before he threw the punch.

LOL! You are not seriously ****** enough to try and argue that the punch was intentional...

He was looking at the ground, bouncing off the ropes swinging wildly.

I have to admit that was better stand-up than most MMA fighter demonstrate. MMA seems to be trending towards a stand up format. I have a su****ion that promoters are starting to tell fighters to stay on their feet or they don't get paid.

Comment

Then again tell me which boxers could take that blow Arlovski took.
                most boxers wouldnt be out of position or off balance like that.

arlovski has a bad chin too which doesnt help

Comment

20K+ fans could have drove to Anaheim and watched the MMA card instead.

They didn't, and boxing put it's best foot forward.

Comment

if boxing had the same gloves in MMA, the fights would be short like that too lol. And even though i favor boxing more than MMA, you havent seen many MMA fights IMO if u bring that as an example. type in shogun vs lil nog and tell me that isnt a good MMA fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      LOL! You are not seriously ****** enough to try and argue that the punch was intentional...

Yes I can because unlike you I have been following Fedor for years!!!! He is known to toy with fighters for abit and once they show any signs of actually being a threat he pulls some amazing move out of his ass that either submits them or knocks them the *** out. He isn't 33-1 and the best pound for pound fighter in the sport because he just accidently destroyed everyone they put in front of him.

Seriously if you know nothing about the guy how can you even have an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X