No announcement yet.

The difference between MMA and BOXING was soooo EVIDENT tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmmfan View Post
    I completely agree. I especially hate how often MMA fights end up grab fests on the floor. I know there's some skill involved in all that, but it's still incredibly boring (and **********) to watch.

The only reason you find grappling ********** is because you obviously have issues with your own ***uality. When I see two MMA fighters grappling I see two athletes locked together in a struggle of epic preportions. When you see 2 Mixed Martial Artists grappling you envision two men engaging in *******ual ***.

Hmmmmmm maybe you might want to rethink your ***uality and start trying on high heels and dresses.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      thats bull****. Fedor threw a shot with his ****en eyes closed and it landed. Thats evident by the follow up semi upper cut he through when Arlo was already on the floor.

Arlo was catching with STRAIGHT tight rights which were complimented by speed. He gave up his distance by throwing that knee and it backfired. Overconfidence my ass. This is what MMA is. Throwing a punch with your eyes closed and getting a KO.

Seriously the world is dumber because of this post!!! I'm watching the video right now and Fedor was looking Andre right in the eyes before he threw the punch.

Comment

The difference is, for the most part, MMA fighters have crap for boxing skills. No movement, no slipping of punches, no setting up punches.

They just stand in front of eachother flicking out a "jab", if you can call it that, and then throw one single punch, and then back out.

They can't take a punch for **** either.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          thats bull****. Fedor threw a shot with his ****en eyes closed and it landed. Thats evident by the follow up semi upper cut he through when Arlo was already on the floor.

Arlo was catching with STRAIGHT tight rights which were complimented by speed. He gave up his distance by throwing that knee and it backfired. Overconfidence my ass. This is what MMA is. Throwing a punch with your eyes closed and getting a KO.
          Bull...Fedor set that up. Infact he practices that scenario in the gym. Arlovski uses that flying Knee many times. He studied and capitalized on it.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

They can't take a punch for **** either.
            Yeah how ****ing boxers are using 4oz gloves? Just wondering thats all.....

fyi how many guys can take this slam and recover right away and win....Fedor can

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
              Bull...Fedor set that up. Infact he practices that scenario in the gym. Arlovski uses that flying Knee many times. He studied and capitalized on it.

It's like watching a rifle shot from close range.

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
                Yeah how ****ing boxers are using 4oz gloves? Just wondering thats all.....

fyi how many guys can take this slam and recover right away and win....Fedor can

You do realize that a boxers glove has a wider area of impact, thus creating more damage right?

And the glove in boxing was designed to protect the hands,

not the head.

But yea, thanks for ignoring the rest of the truth I posted.

Comment

There are only 2 fighters that are truly elite in MMA in my opinion. Fedor and Anderson Silva, and Fedor is a bit on the chunky side.

Everyone else are bums or mediocre.

Boxing has more professional, more talented fighters with much better conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                    You do realize that a boxers glove has a wider area of impact, thus creating more damage right?

Come on man....its a fact getting hit with 4oz gloves has less of a cushing effect for KO than with boxing gloves. Yes your right boxing gloxes cause a wider area of damage and is indeed more dangerous for brain damage than MMA gloves becuase its more like getting hit with a sandbag over and over. MMA gloves you don't get that....its lights out much easier.

But yea, thanks for ignoring the rest of the truth I posted

Ignoring what? I agree the striking with the hands of many MMA fighters needs to be much improved. Buts its not just boxing ...is it ,,,..Its called MMA.... boxing is just one part of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog82 View Post
                      There are only 2 fighters that are truly elite in MMA in my opinion. Fedor and Anderson Silva, and Fedor is a bit on the chunky side.

Everyone else are bums or mediocre.

So BJ Penn and Georges St. Pierre are mediocre?

Boxing has more professional, more talented fighters with much better conditioning
                      Agree for the most part. But then again we are comparing a sport thats been around for 100+ years to one that is around 10-15 years

Do we really expect the talent to be the same as boxing yet? MMA wasn't around when all these fighters were kids.. lets be realistic people.

Comment

Working...
                      X