Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Juan Diaz not want a rematch with Nate Campbell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Juan Diaz not want a rematch with Nate Campbell?

After the Katsidis fight he said he wanted to get back to being a world champion. He then hesitated, then proceeded to call out Juan Manuel Marquez. Nate Campbell is the guy who beat him and took his belts, so why not talk about a rematch to settle the score?

I found this on Youtube, it's the post-fight press conference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSNq...P0453Z6VrVNrR7

In it, he says "The Nate Campbell fight is in the past, I've already forgotten about it. I don't even worry about that. With this victory I'm looking forward to the future." Then he goes and thanks Houston for the 1000th time.

Are those the statements of a true warrior?

This is why I don't support him. I've long believed that Juan Diaz had no heart and made his reputation by beating on old fighters who wound up quitting. By shying away from the subject he shows that he's not a true champion. He's in it for the money.

Nate Campbell had to goad and bait Diaz into the mandatory fight the first time, now Diaz won't even discuss the loss.

Nate Campbell put it on Diaz so I never really held it against him that he hasn't gone after a rematch. If he beats JMM (big if) Juan Diaz would need to fight Nate again.

Comment

Nate Campbell was with Don King. Golden Boy dosent work with them and i am sure they have probably told him not to call out Campbell.

Calling out Marquez is convenient because he is under Golden Boy.

If he wins i promise he will fight Nate Campbell in a rematch

Comment

Because GBP only wants the Ring Belt to be showcase and they don't want any organizational belts involved.

Comment

actually he wants to fight him according to people close to Juan Diaz's camp, he said he wouldnt feel a like a real champion unless he fights campbell again and beats him

Comment

Actually, he's mentioned that he would like a rematch because he wouldn't feel like a champion unless he were to avenge his loss. This was also in a video posted in November I believe. But GB doesn't like ****in with King also. So who knows.

Regardless, the "support" bull**** you wrote is just that, bull*****. Drop the name of your favorite fighter and I can gaurantee that he's also done something people may find, "biitchlike".

Comment

The guy has his number and its a high risk low reward for him.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez >>> Nate Campbell

Props to Diaz for going after the Undisputed Ring Champ
                Last edited by WLAD_OWNS; 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquez#1 View Post
                  actually he wants to fight him according to people close to Juan Diaz's camp, he said he wouldnt feel a like a real champion unless he fights campbell again and beats him
                  ha, see, Marquez fans are truly the best fans in Boxing. We actually keep to date with everything that goes on in the sport, not just our favorite fighter.

Comment

Cant wait for the JMM- Diaz fight, i hope that if Diaz wins he calls out Campbell for a rematch. Its another fight id like to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X