Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor may fight Froch, RJJ, or Glen Johnson?????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor may fight Froch, RJJ, or Glen Johnson?????????????

go this from the boxing page on espn........Super middleweight Jermain Taylor, the former undisputed middleweight champ, and promoter Lou DiBella are exploring their options in the wake of Taylor's lopsided points win against ex-titleholder Jeff Lacy in a title eliminator in November. The victory secured Taylor a mandatory shot at new titleholder Carl Froch, but HBO is not interested in the bout. DiBella said he might take the fight to Showtime if HBO rejects it outright because Taylor's contract with HBO is over. DiBella also told ESPN.com that he has received a number of calls from Roy Jones, who is interested in facing Taylor. In addition, DiBella has had conversations with Margules about a possible match with former light heavyweight champ Glen Johnson.

If RJJ squares off with Taylor, RJJ will probably win that won.

Taylor vs. Tarver? Taylor maybe?

I dunno. These fights don't sound appealing to me.

Comment

Froch will be best for Taylor.

RJJ would be a walk in the park for Taylor's style.

Glen Johnson might very well put Taylor's lights out.

Comment

Only person mentioned that could give Taylor problems is Johnson.

Comment

This actually might be a good fight for Roy Jones...I dont want to see him fight no more but I dont see Taylor going after him aggressively enough to knock him out. I got Taylor 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
            If RJJ squares off with Taylor, RJJ will probably win that won.

Taylor vs. Tarver? Taylor maybe?

I dunno. These fights don't sound appealing to me.
            RJJ wants to fight everyone huh? Wouldn't mind seeing Taylor fight Froch but RJJ would be a bigger seel atleast I think so people want to see him go out on a good note and if he can beat Taylor he would get a good farewell fight. I guess it would be a catch weight of what 170 for that fight? Taylor is better off taking on Kessler and going after a big money fight with someone else jones if he is still Jones looked finished int he last fight with Calzaghe.....Lefty

Comment

Taylor vs Johnson would be a well good fight but it would be very high risk.

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
                Only person mentioned that could give Taylor problems is Johnson.
                Agreed, and I pick Johnson to win that one. Froch-Taylor would be a very good fight with Taylor scoring a UD or late stoppage. Taylor-Jones would do nothing for the boxing world. It will play out like this... the world starts inching to the edge of our seats as we think the living legend has one last great fight... then we piss and moan as we watch RJJ hang in there but get beat 8 out of 10 exchanges. Taylor wins a UD and rather than being praised in the boxing community... all that is said is "He took on a shot RJJ". Very little is said about Taylor looking great in his last outing, very much is said about Lacy being a shell of his former self.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                  Agreed, and I pick Johnson to win that one. Froch-Taylor would be a very good fight with Taylor scoring a UD or late stoppage. Taylor-Jones would do nothing for the boxing world. It will play out like this... the world starts inching to the edge of our seats as we think the living legend has one last great fight... then we piss and moan as we watch RJJ hang in there but get beat 8 out of 10 exchanges. Taylor wins a UD and rather than being praised in the boxing community... all that is said is "He took on a shot RJJ". Very little is said about Taylor looking great in his last outing, very much is said about Lacy being a shell of his former self.
                  i do not agree with seeing Jones fight Taylor but I understand its reasoning for HBO and the Taylor promoters or at least I think I do. Taylor did look great against Lacy. I also agree with the fact lacy was never as good as people thought he was but still he is a quality opponent and has a good chin and power in both hands. Taylor whooped him pretty easily and should defintely be given credit for that fight. It was his first back after a long layoff and two devastating losses to Pavlil.

Same reason for the Jones fight applys here. Taylor is coming off a long layoff and two devastating losses although he won against Lacy this will ive him the opportunity to fight a name fighter like Jones. The opportunity to make some decent money and stay on the HBO network where we all know the bigger fights are being shown and the bigger money is. He can get a win against Jones maybe a UD like is being said by most here on boxing scene. jones goes out not so embarassed Taylor gets back on a winning streak ie....2 W's in a row against decent names like Lacy and Jone Jr. he moves into the sweepstakes for a Calzaghe figtht and possible bigger money fights with Dawson and others at SMW and LHW.....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
                    i do not agree with seeing Jones fight Taylor but I understand its reasoning for HBO and the Taylor promoters or at least I think I do. Taylor did look great against Lacy. I also agree with the fact lacy was never as good as people thought he was but still he is a quality opponent and has a good chin and power in both hands. Taylor whooped him pretty easily and should defintely be given credit for that fight. It was his first back after a long layoff and two devastating losses to Pavlil.

Same reason for the Jones fight applys here. Taylor is coming off a long layoff and two devastating losses although he won against Lacy this will ive him the opportunity to fight a name fighter like Jones. The opportunity to make some decent money and stay on the HBO network where we all know the bigger fights are being shown and the bigger money is. He can get a win against Jones maybe a UD like is being said by most here on boxing scene. jones goes out not so embarassed Taylor gets back on a winning streak ie....2 W's in a row against decent names like Lacy and Jone Jr. he moves into the sweepstakes for a Calzaghe figtht and possible bigger money fights with Dawson and others at SMW and LHW.....Lefty

You make a lot of good points. HBO is still everyone's bread and butter. I guess the Jones Jr. name can be milked one last time. De La Hoya did it.

Comment

Working...
                    X