Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor may fight Froch, RJJ, or Glen Johnson?????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think taylor is a winnable fight... im not trying to come in here and start cheering for a 40 yr old RJ... ill be honest im being optimistic... I really believe the cut made the joe fight look a lot worse... on top of the fact that, the style of fight joe fought made it REALY hard for a 40 yr old fighter to win... with the constant in and out movement and the constant head movement, it made it hard for roy to get his shots off at this stage... its not that roy cant throw combos... its that joe wasnt there to be hit by them...

Jermain DOES have power, but he gets lazy in there, his footwork and head movement is no where NEAR what Joe's is... his head movement is actually almost non existent, on top of the fact that he leaves his left hang down constantly... Roy could actually get his shots off on jermain IMO... obviously he would have to be cautious because Jermain can punch... But I think its a winnable fight for RJ... I think the Joe fight really made Roy look A LOT worse than he actually is...

I could be completely wrong... he could be absolut DONE... so im being optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Jermain DOES have power, but he gets lazy in there, his footwork and head movement is no where NEAR what Joe's is... his head movement is actually almost non existent, on top of the fact that he leaves his left hang down constantly... .
      Thats for damn sure!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
        You make a lot of good points. HBO is still everyone's bread and butter. I guess the Jones Jr. name can be milked one last time. De La Hoya did it.
        Thank you for pointing that out friend and I still think Taylor is a quality fighter with upside if he can get his bad habits to tone down some....Lefty

Comment

I think Roy should go back to Heavyweight, the bums up there will suit his slow pace. If he really wants to offer something to the sport, he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Bowen-Dale View Post
            I think Roy should go back to Heavyweight, the bums up there will suit his slow pace. If he really wants to offer something to the sport, he should.
            Sure qwhy not a slow less powerful Jones will have alot to offer against Vitali and Wlad why not. I am so ashamed I never thought of it this way....Lefty

Comment

theres nothing at HW... the only point to goto heavyweight... is to win a belt... unless its against valuev ... he cant win... hes not beating either klitschko... he can beat toney and valuev and MAYBE evander if he stays away... but theres nothing really up there

Comment

uh.........no. just no!!!!

Comment

Jones/Taylor would only be made by HBO as a way to invest in the winner. Both fighters have suffered recent setbacks and need a marquee win on their resumés before HBO can go on to make any more decent money off of them. I'm sure they'd rather have Taylor win (and I think he would) because he's got a lot more career ahead of him, but on the off chance that Jones won it would give HBO another chance to cash in on his name in a big, meaningless fight.

One thing's for sure, if Jones somehow wins it definitely won't be a retirement fight. It will give him false confidence that he still has it and he will continue fighting until someone sends him out of the ring on a stretcher.

Comment

noway they put him in the same room with glenn johnson...taylor beats froch and rjj tho

Comment

TBH, as a Taylor fan, Johnson is one of the last guys I'd want to see him fight. Proper risk/reward is just not there. Johnson is a hard fight for anyone, and Taylor has had more than his share of fights against guys who are hard to look good against (BHOPx2, Winky, Spinks).

Taylor needs to focus on Froch. If HBO won't buy, sell it to Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X