No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Chris Arreola is Close For May 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko vs. Chris Arreola is Close For May 16

Henry Ramirez, Chris Arreolas trainer, informed BoxingScene.com over the weekend that a fight with Wladimir Klitschko is in the final stages of negotiations, Its a done deal. Behind the scenes everything has been agreed upon, we just need to cross the Ts and dot the Is before it goes public, but were excited about it. I got the final word today and it looks like May 16 is the date. [details]

Awesome. Wlad is gonna destroy him!

War Klitschko!

Comment

Arreola would get picked apart and then knocked out by Klitschko.

Comment

Arreola should consider it a win, if he even sees the 7th round.

Comment

They should put this fight on at the same time and place as Haye v Vitali. Stick it in a stadium here (preferably) or in germany. That card would be HUGE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
            They should put this fight on at the same time and place as Haye v Vitali. Stick it in a stadium here (preferably) or in germany. That card would be HUGE!!!
            Good idea but I dont think the british fans would be intrested in watchin those two go at it before the Haye fight.

Wlad Klit is gonna win with ease but Vitali is gonna lose.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't have it earlier, late March or April, so Wladimir would still be able to fight three times in 2009.

Comment

Wow, really big step up for Arreola, and i think it a step a little to soon as i see Klitschko picking and placing shots well to a tko victory.But hey Arreola is young, hungry and likes to come and fight so he has always got a chance, should be a excting heavyweight clash.

Comment

To early to be fighting Wlad at this stage of his career, it's going to be easy pickings for Wlad.

Comment

If this fight does happen in May, it will not be for the IBF Championship. Only the WBO. Last I heard, Povetkin is still the IBF mandatory and he was scheduled to fight Wlad before Rahman. Maybe he is doing the smart thing and staying away at this point since he only has like 17 fights and would be thrashed.

If Arreola comes out hard and aggressive, he can beat Wlad. You can't knock the fight against Walker because Walker came looking for the KTFO. He threw 100 punches in the 1st rd which is unheard of for a HW. But Chris weathered the storm and took him out in 3.

If Travis Walker got the chance to fight Wlad and came out that same way, he would beat Wlad by 1st rd KO. He wouldn't stand a chance against Vitali tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X