Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

, John McCain plans to take up an old fight -- pursuing legislation to protect boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it’s amazing. But I do think boxing has receded in popularity steadily since we have seen all of the things we’ve talked about – proliferation of titles, that kind of thing. But throughout history you read about Rocky Marciano and the Mafia, about Jack Dempsey and opponents who were selected for him. You know it’s kind of interesting that boxing has been called the Sweet Science and the Red Light District of Sports. They’re both right.’’
    interesting...................

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      yeah this really surprised me ...someone on his level giving a **** about our sport ..he seems pretty knowledgeable of the sport too ..really surprised me ...i hope these acts do some good .. i remember mayweather saying he wanted 2 get somthing passed 2 protect retired fighters also classy guys

Yeah, seems like there's just not much career upside for a politician to get involved in this issue so it's left to the ones that are former boxers and or fans and are old and established enough that they just don't give a duck if they run afoul of the safety-firsters that would shut down boxing and MMA entirely.

Anyhow good luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by KingChile View Post
        McCain needs to stick to what he knows: politics.
        what the hell are you talking about? any commission looking out for the best interest of boxers is something I support.

McCain is a cool guy, even if he wasnt quite the right man to be president at the moment. he does know his stuff. and I didnt know he was such a big boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          what the hell are you talking about? any commission looking out for the best interest of boxers is something I support.

McCain is a cool guy, even if he wasnt quite the right man to be president at the moment. he does know his stuff. and I didnt know he was such a big boxing fan.
          yeah his comment made no sense lol...mne either i was tottally hit off guard by this interview form teh ring

Comment

**Raises hand**

I found out like a month ago or so.

Comment

Reposted Question: How many didn't know John McCain supported boxing and was a long time fan?
              Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              **Raises hand**

I found out like a month ago or so.

Comment

I knew he was involved with boxing and everything, and this isnt the first time Ive heard him talk about some sort of boxing commision, but hes much more connected with boxing than I thought. seems like he watches almost all the major title fights, not just the superfights

Comment

McCain's loss is boxing's gain
                  http://espn.go.com/boxing/columns/graham/461435.html

Comment

Working...
                  X