Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikolai Valuev Robs Evander Holyfield of Historic Title Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing more disgraceful than an old, tired Evander Holyfield winning a disgraceful, boring and plodding fight against a giant who did nothing to win would be a gift decision to the loser in this pitiful fight. The only thing sadder than Valuev's performance is the decision. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
      yous people that say that wasnt a disgrace need to **** off out the boxing wolrd holy landed more and was 5rnds up on some cards did you see the pics in the crowd.he proved us all wrong again face am still happy regarless but for hom thats disgraceful
      Good post man... There are a thousand and one people on these boards that have just been served a plate of crow... I'm one of them. I NEVER said that it was a mismatch... and I never said that Holyfiend was too old to be in the ring... but I did expect him to lose badly... Its good to see others admit when they were wrong... now following this post will be at least a hundred justifications as to why Holyfield is still trash... but at least there are two posts admitting to being wrong about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        The fight was ****!
        Enough said.

Comment

If you look at Foremans last fight

against Briggs or Ali's last against Berbick they were not given the nod on fights they may have won. this was a bigger disgrace but that title was just a paper title and in boxing politics it seems old champions do not get the nod.....that being this should STILL be overturned.

Comment

your an ungrateful tosser yu jst seen pure history thier he won easy admit it dun zero after 5rnds bollocks what was all replays then get to **** the lot of yous stop drinking that mite help piss off

Comment

I had it 115-113 for Holyfield. Valuev did nothing, Holyfield did not much more.
              Holyfield just needed one attack more each round, he would have beaten Valuev clearly. I think he should have thrown a lil bit more. This is a robbery, but not a big one though. Holyfield was the challenger, champ always has a slight bonus, especially in Valuev. valuev is always favored on the cards. Its sad! Valuev is the worst HW champ ever. But hey, Valuev has to fight Chagaev next, im shure Chagaev will beat him again. Valuev has not improved at all It seems to me hes even worse.
              Last edited by Tobi.G; 12-20-2008, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I cant believe a modern sport can be so currupt on such a high level, makes you feel disgusted and lose faith in the sport, all three judges should be thrown into the crowd to have the **** beat out of them

Comment

Box should be rescued from the ownership of those who see it as an only commercial activity. It must turn to its roots back...

Comment

This is the work of Don King. How else would a man with minimal (at best) boxing skills, a total lack of conditioning, and no athletic ability become heavyweight champion? This fight was a festering wound on boxing's arm, the result is the pouring of the salt. Sadly I don't think there's a way to clean things up. Too much money exchanging hands. Valuev needs to be stripped of his title as a result of this fix. Sad, sad day for boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
                      I agree Valuev seems like the man to beat at heavyweight right now.

Anyone get the punchstat numbers??

EDIT: Just kidding about the "Valuev being the man to beat" thing

I noticed they failed to show the punch stats. Valuev never landed ****. This fight needs to be overturned. :gay:

Comment

Working...
                      X